7th. Madison

8th. Mandarins

9th. Pioneer

Edited by FrankA

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's 722pm here in Little Elm. I was going to walk around my block with my son and dog and then go see BD rehearse, but it's pouring down rain and the SUN IS STILL SHINING! It was hot today, I reckon the BD kids need this break.

Vanguard will be at Heath High School Cain Middle School in Rockwall

Blue Devils will be at Little Elm High School

Scouts will be at Dan F Long Middle School in Carrollton/Farmers Branch

Crossmen will be at Forney High School

I wanted to catch SCV's rehearsal, but Rockwall is about an hour on the other side of dallas from me. Sure wish they were at Guyer HS like the last couple of years.

PC will be at Terrell HS in Terrell, TX

1. Blue Devils

2. Phantom

3. SCV

4. Blue Knights

5. Madison

6. Pacific Crest

7. Crossmen

8. Mandarins

9. Pioneer

Edited by cmathis

dont see xmen beating scouts, but hey anything can happen, and in reality it doesnt really mean anyhting in the long run...

anyway

1. Blue Devils

2. Phantom

3. SCV

4. Blue Knights

5. Madison

6. Pacific Crest

7. Crossmen

8. Mandarins

9. Pioneer

seems about right to me.

im also pretty sure a lot of scouts are from texas, and the usually have an audition camp in dallas, so it will probably be the next closest thing to a home show in madison for them

Just back from BD's rehearsal in Little Elm. (Not sure if I should have started a new thread, oh well) The full ensemble got together a little late (915p?) probably due to the rainshower we had at 720p. So, they had 45 mins to work on some changes. I think they were supposed to have stopped at 10p (noise ordinance?) but went until 1013p.

It's funny but when you see the kids in their unis (I saw them at DATR), they all look like they're 21 and invincible. But when you see them at rehearsal, you see that they are all human and have trouble spots to work on like any other corps.

Tonight, they really had trouble with some changes in the drill. The staff was adding some counts to the drill that really confused the low brass. It ended up being more counts than there was drill. There was also a section of triplet rhythms that seemes pretty dirty in all sections that I didn't notice in Denver.

I'm sure the staff and kids will get it all worked out tomorrow. I got some good video tonight, but I couldn't even begin to post it on here (or is that even legal?)

I think it was a hard day of rehearsal for BD due to the heat. They just ran out of time tonight and didn't even do a run through.