Blue Stars 08 = Boston 99?

I dont know why the Blue Stars are over Colts. Show isn't that great. Colt's wowed me last night, best show i've seen from them in years

I hope we can just agree to disagree. I do see the spread between the Stars and Colts as it is now. I think the Colts are performing the heck out of a somewhat thin and limited show design and the Blue Stars show is just on a higher intellectual level. Blue Stars explore more of a range in staging, speed and feild usage than I think the Colts do. I am not saying Colts are bad, however, I think they along with Spirit are not as sophisticated in design and composition as what Blue stars are presenting. I do think the Colts are very strong performers but in the end the overall show design may not be enough to secure them a top twelve spot this year. I think a few other corps programs exist that may also overtake Colts and Spirit in the end but who knows I could be wrong and it certainly would not be the first time. One thing for sure, I do think the 10th thru 17th placements will be very interesting to watch in the coming weeks. :w00t:

LJ

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the question, " Is this really a top 12 show?" = This is not a top 12 show? I saw a question from him, NOT a statement. Might just be my vision.

If DCI or the judging community or whatever wanted to "push" Blue Stars into finals they could have easily done that last year. The Blue Stars are earning every jump in score they are receiving this year. If the spread between them and Colts seem to large it is definitely NOT because Blue Stars are being scored too high. I stated after seeing them head to head in Dubuque that the Colts would peak early and Blue Stars would pass them by in mid July. I think the Colts have a show that is quite good, but that just isn't enough these days. Their recent score stagnation IMO is a result of a show with a serious lack of growth potential.

I dont know why the Blue Stars are over Colts. Show isn't that great. Colt's wowed me last night, best show i've seen from them in years

Seriously? Colts show is not near the overall quality of last years show. IMO they will struggle as the season progresses to make finals. Blue Stars are competing for 9th place right now. Colts show this year is a significant step down in design and demand over last year, and the kicker is that they aren't even performing it well. The brassline is top heavy and crass, the drumline is just outright dirty with a mediocre book, and the show tempos are BORING. I am a three year Colts alumn, I'm just calling it as it is. Blue Stars are out of their league this year, period.

Edited by BozzlyB

Seriously? Colts show is not near the overall quality of last years show. IMO they will struggle as the season progresses to make finals. Blue Stars are competing for 9th place right now. Colts show this year is a significant step down in design and demand over last year, and the kicker is that they aren't even performing it well. The brassline is top heavy and crass, the drumline is just outright dirty with a mediocre book, and the show tempos are BORING. I am a three year Colts alumn, I'm just calling it as it is. Blue Stars are out of their league this year, period.

Don't hold back your love. Tell us how you really feel..... No the Colts do not have the show that will beat Blue Star or Glassmen. But your assessment sounds a little like a vendetta. They aren't half as pathetic as you wish, nor as good as others wish.

Edited by 84skyrydr

Nevermind

Edited by piperguy