Is there any truth to this rumor...

I thought it was about time for someone to ask if Bob Barker had ever marched in the Vanguard. :thumbup:

Yeah, uh...Bob Barker actually DID march in the Vanguard!!! He played snare in 1988 and 89 and marched some years with the Geneseo (Quad City) Knights prior to SCV!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Randy...

Your horns from the Dons helped us make it on the field in 1990 (and beyond). Very cool.

I always wondered what happened to that equipment. That's very cool to hear. Thanks for letting me know.

get out.

I kid you not. We all had a chuckle during audition camps for the '88 line until we we learned that his name really WAS Bob Barker! He won two high drum titles and a DCI ring in those two years. Lee Rudnicki refers to him in another post somewhere on this forum.

Seems like something that could have happened. I know we did visual rehearsal late into the night (2am or so) a couple times at Pioneer when we were in hot climates or in a crunch to learn new drill. We always had to be real quiet though, so we wouldn't disturb any of the neighbors around the housing site.

I kid you not. We all had a chuckle during audition camps for the '88 line until we we learned that his name really WAS Bob Barker! He won two high drum titles and a DCI ring in those two years. Lee Rudnicki refers to him in another post somewhere on this forum.

wow!

Never heard the nocturnal story. However, during the early 80s, there was a bit of a tradition in the snareline (don't know when it started, but it probably ended in '83).

Once a year, round about late spring on a Saturday night, the snareline would run an all-nighter sectional complete with instructor at the hall, then immediately drive over to the field for all day Sunday rehearsal.

Don't know about full on nocturnal but in BD we would certainly adjust the schedule to the show. If you are on last and are performing at 10 PM at night, the rehearsals leading up to the big show made sure you were at your prime at that time of night. All night bus trips were always followed by at least a few hours of horizontal time. BD fed you well, let you get the rest that you needed and expected you to take care of business without someone cracking a whip.

I have no idea. But I'd guess you'd be hard pressed to find a locale that would allow a drum and bugle corps to play during the night. Enough people get their undies in a bunch when corps rehearse during the DAY!

It would have to be a school way out in the sticks with hardly any houses around for a couple of miles.