The San Antonio Ice House - Pre and post show discussion.

JUST FOR CLARIFICATION...

-----------------------------------------

San Antonio 2007:

5 - Carolina Crown - 87.925

6 - Phantom Regiment - 87.375

Finals 2007:

4 - Phantom Regiment - 94.850

6 - Carolina Crown - 94.150

------------------------------------------

San Antonio 2008:

3 - Carolina Crown - 90.025

4 - Phantom Regiment - 89.775

Finals 2008:

To be Held on August 9th, 2008

Well... I see your point and logic, but I don't think you can even use these results to discuss this season.

That's like saying... Well... the Blue Stars got second in 1972, so they will get second this year.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN YOUR 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS THE BLUE DEVILS FROM CONCORD CALIFORNIA!!!!!! :music:

:thumbup:

I hate to go negative, but I gotta vent. I'm tired of BD winning with boring shows. The last two seasons have been a snoozefest. I applaud and admire their talent, but I don't understand how they win when execution is only part of the equation. Their GE scores for the past two years should have been in the bottom 6 in my opinion. Winning all execution captions should put them around 3rd in that case.

I think the judges are in the tank and the fans are drinking the coolaid. Sorry - call me a basher, hater, idiot - whatever - flame away.

On a more positive note - congrats Crown! For me, they tie with Bluecoats (homer alert) for most entertaining show of the evening - followed closely by SCV, BAC and Cavies in that order.

Congrats to Blue Stars and Crossmen for making the evening show. Well done!

Edited by bartyount

Well... I see your point and logic, but I don't think you can even use these results to discuss this season.

That's like saying... Well... the Blue Stars got second in 1972, so they will get second this year.

Foul Ball, center field

Wow i guess i should follow your advise but since you live in RC i can't put stock in what you say! :smile::smile: Go Freelancers.

LOL LOL!!!!! I hear you but Modesto is just as bad!!!! :music::thumbup:

Just got back... Me and my gf (her first show) totally had a blast!! I love shows! I get to see old friends, hear great music, an have my ears blasted off... My thoughts (blunt and short as always) are in the review section....

ANYWAYS, CROWN IS MY FAVORITE HORNLINE, PERIOD! (exclamation point?) I'm actually in total agreement of the scores, which is, for all practical purposes, frightening................. More later.

Hey, Crown fans and members...

As a Regiment alumnus, I'd just like to congratulate you guys tonight on your victory. I am sure that instead of snarky responses, my fellow Regiment fans meant to post notes of congratulations, but...well, it's late at night, and sometimes those guys forget or get too wrapped up in competitive spirit. :thumbup:

Nevertheless...I for one really enjoyed your show, and think it could contend for a top three spot this year. As I mentioned in my review earlier this season, you guys are definitely on the right track, and I wish you luck...even though I wish Regiment a tad more luck. I am sure you understand.

Congrats.

Edited by The Tsar

I find it interesting that in the past few years, some people have gone from an anti-narration mentality to one where depending on the corps one likes, it suddenly becomes okay (Bluecoats vs. Cadets).

IMO it has added nothing to the shows that have used it.

George Hopkins may be a proponent of it, but he is not the pariah. George/Cadets bad vs. Bluecoats good is a strange argument.

It has nothing to to with a "favorite corps."

Bluu used narration tastefully and didn't preach to the crowd.

I hate to go negative, but I gotta vent. I'm tired of BD winning with boring shows. The last two seasons have been a snoozefest. I applaud and admire their talent, but I don't understand how they win when execution is only part of the equation. Their GE scores for the past two years should have been in the bottom in my opinion. Winning all execution captions should put them around 3rd in that case.

I think the judges are in the tank and the fans are drinking the coolaid. Sorry - call me a basher, hater, idiot - whatever - flame away.

On a more positive note - congrats Crown! For me, they tie with Bluecoats (homer alert) for most entertaining show of the evening - followed closely by SCV, BAC and Cavies in that order.

No flames just fuel for your fire. I am not impressed with BD. They are just boring to me. I love Crown and Phantoms shows. Cavies not so much.

I hate to go negative, but I gotta vent. I'm tired of BD winning with boring shows. The last two seasons have been a snoozefest. I applaud and admire their talent, but I don't understand how they win when execution is only part of the equation. Their GE scores for the past two years should have been in the bottom in my opinion. Winning all execution captions should put them around 3rd in that case.

I think you are drinking from the "coolaid."