"They're always ready!"

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been hearing this for DECADES and we still roll our eyes and laugh at the newbie parents/siblings/friends in the stands that think this is cool. If it's before the show starts, that's cool. And it makes them happy. Just chuckle with the others around you. No matter what some are trying to warp this activity into, it's still being performed on a football field.

It is what it is, and why it's still fun. Right? :thumbup:

Heaven forbid an excited fan shows his emotion. I suppose they are to sit on their hands and have tape over their mouth? Why, so all the snobby music majors can hear what? The corps stand at attention

Being on the field, I would much rather hear the crowd than crickets churping.

More people complain and whine about stupid stuff on this forum than I have seen in my entire life.

Wow - It's like you read my mind! This is exactly what I was thinking. Awesome post! :thumbup:

Someone should find out the DCI announcer's name (I'm sure someone knows it...probably mike boo).

"Drum majors, is your corps ready?"

"Are YOU, [name]?"

I don't mind the pre-show enthusiasm, but what really makes me cringe to this day was when some idiot yelled "Frank is an American bad a**" during BD's ballad at 2000 finals. The guy had to ruin it for all of us and it would happen when DCI did the first 5.1 live recording at Championships.

I guess I got him back. I adjusted the volume when he did the deed and you can barely hear him on the tour DVD.

I don't know what's worst. A drunk fan or a selfish friend who can care less about the performance and ruins a timeless recording.

Wow. What's next, we talk about getting rid of anyone who shouts "BLUE" at the end of a 'Coats show? :grouphug: