Denton, Tx

Believe it or not, Vanguard's busses this year have Wi-Fi on them. They can actually surf the web with their laptops as they drive down the road. What has become of drum corps?? Do they even sleep on gym floors any more?? I remember wiring an old car stereo (a cool one that even played cassette tapes) into loose wiring on the bus (for power) and connecting some cheap speakers someone had. That was our entertainment for the Summer. Listen to it or get a good book or some magazines. Sleeping was also very popular.

aero beds......

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting to see how so many were whining over "their favourite little corps"....lol...but after all was said and done....BD more than took honors...Crown is the surprise this year....I predict they will pass cavies in the next weeks, like PR will most likely do as well. In the end, Cavies will be lucky this year to get 4th. The last few years, they have gotten nothing but gifts. It isnt the same Corps as the early 2000's, that is for sure. I miss that cavaliers.

Believe it or not, Vanguard's busses this year have Wi-Fi on them. They can actually surf the web with their laptops as they drive down the road. What has become of drum corps?? Do they even sleep on gym floors any more?? I remember wiring an old car stereo (a cool one that even played cassette tapes) into loose wiring on the bus (for power) and connecting some cheap speakers someone had. That was our entertainment for the Summer. Listen to it or get a good book or some magazines. Sleeping was also very popular.

no way they have internet... I don't believe it. I will have to see who I can talk to...

With BK being .25 ahead of BAC, and given that BAC is still winning a majority of the captions, I don't think one can assume that that this particular battle is over. Most people who have reviewed both corps tend to suggest that BK is cleaner but Boston's show is a better overall package in terms of engaging the audience. IF that is the case, whose shoes would you rather be in with 3 weeks to go?

Final placement guess:

7th: Cadets

8th: Boston

9th: Blue Stars

10th: Blue Knights

:thumbup:

no way they have internet... I don't believe it. I will have to see who I can talk to...

Yep, they do. I confirmed two ways.

1) Side of the bus says "Wi-Fi Enabled" (they lease busses during the Summer).

2) My father drives for Vanguard during the Summer. At the Stanford show, he had me help get his laptop synched to the access point on the bus.

I am not enough of a computer geek to know how it is done, but I am assuming it is a cell network setup or a satellite setup.

As I said, times sure have changed!!!

2) My father drives for Vanguard during the Summer. At the Stanford show, he had me help get his laptop synched to the access point on the bus.

I am not enough of a computer geek to know how it is done, but I am assuming it is a cell network setup or a satellite setup.

wow, just wow.

I spent a month in europe, all travel on trains, including first class on day trains, and there was only one train I was on that had wifi (Amsterdam to Paris).

wow.

With BK being .25 ahead of BAC, and given that BAC is still winning a majority of the captions, I don't think one can assume that that this particular battle is over. Most people who have reviewed both corps tend to suggest that BK is cleaner but Boston's show is a better overall package in terms of engaging the audience. IF that is the case, whose shoes would you rather be in with 3 weeks to go?

Final placement guess:

7th: Cadets

8th: Boston

9th: Blue Stars

10th: Blue Knights

:grouphug:

...not saying your predictions are wrong, but which scoring category records 'audience engagement' ?

James Logan High School used those busses during marching band season.

Look for the white domes on the roofs of the busses. These are "in-motion" statellite receivers, which also provide internet access.......many RVs have these as well. It also enables you to drive down the highway and watch CNN or the weather channel at the same time!