The Official INT Discussion Thread

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking hard about why no one ever actually hears the INT horn line. Because they have to cover so many shows, INT has a huge membership. This causes a problem with supplying that many horns, and unfortunately no one manufacturer can handle it. What probably happened is that half of the horns they were able to get are 180 degrees out of phase with the other half. Acoustical physics, unfortunately, comes into play here. No matter how hard and loud they play, the horns will cancel out each others sound waves. I'm willing to bet that if they get a matching set, they would be TWICE as loud as '80 Spirit!

I was thinking hard about why no one ever actually hears the INT horn line. Because they have to cover so many shows, INT has a huge membership. This causes a problem with supplying that many horns, and unfortunately no one manufacturer can handle it. What probably happened is that half of the horns they were able to get are 180 degrees out of phase with the other half. Acoustical physics, unfortunately, comes into play here. No matter how hard and loud they play, the horns will cancel out each others sound waves. I'm willing to bet that if they get a matching set, they would be TWICE as loud as '80 Spirit!

good points on the brass.

The visual is pretty good too.

they can disappear right into the tunnel ala SCV did one year

And at the beginning of their show not the end, no less.

And " INT " goes 20-25 minutes, longer than any Corps out there.

Next year's show theme is rumored to be music from the movie " The Illusionist "

That sounds INTriguing, doesn't it ?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I really love the way INT competes and competes hard at every level. They may not win, but they're there pouring their guts into it. Today's I&E schedule:

I&E Ensemble Stage Schedule

All times are in Eastern Daylight Time

11:16 - Santa Clara Vanguard Bass Ensemble

11:24 - The Cavaliers Percussion Ensemble

11:32 - Pacific Crest Percussion Ensemble

11:40 - SCV Cadets Percussion Ensemble

11:48 - Colts Cymbal Ensemble

11:56 - Santa Clara Cymbal Ensemble

12:04 - The Academy Mixed Ensemble

12:20 - Blue Devils Percussion Ensemble

12:28 - SCV Cadets Cymbal Ensemble

12:36 - Santa Clara Percussion Ensemble

12:44 - The Academy Cymbal Ensemble

12:52 - Blue Knights Bass Drum Ensemble

1:00 - The Cavaliers Mixed Ensemble

1:08 - Racine Scouts Percussion Ensemble

1:16 - Blue Knights Percussion Ensemble

1:32 - Teal Sound Bass Drum Ensemble

1:56 - Blue Devils B Mixed Ensemble

(2:04 - Ensemble INT)

2:28 - Colt Cadets Percussion Ensemble #2

2:52 - Blue Devils B Cymbal Ensemble

3:00 - Madison Scouts Cymbal Ensemble

3:30 - Racine Scouts Mixed Ensemble

3:48 - Colt Cadets Percussion Ensemble #1

4:04 - Legends Percussion Ensemble

4:12 - Colt Cadets Mixed Ensemble

GO INT!!!

I think if we were on the tick system still, I really believe that INT would win solidly most years. I can't remember the last time I saw any flaws in their performance.

As solid as BD and Cavies are, you can usually find a few errors somewhere in their performance. With INT, it is basically one seamless, perfectly transitioned show. Look at the drumline, I never see a single stick out of sequence. I haven't seen a drop in their guard for years, and they have the most unique flags I have never seen. I love the way they blend in with the field.

By chance, did anyone take any pics of their performance at any of the shows this year? I always get so excited during their show, I always forget to take any. If anyone has any pics, could they please post them?

Unfortuately for the members they have the worst chuck wagon in DCI. Hot dogs and frozen pizzas every night.

Although I've heard they go all out at SCV's home show.

Edited by shawn craig

football-1.jpg

Man, they really mess up practice fields. . . good thing they never get caught by the school! :wink:

Thanx for the pic. Now that is right before the big hit in the closer isn't it? I see they really did tear up the field, but when you see all that drill in their show, I can see how that could totally tear up the field.

Anyone else got any pics from their Allentown show? I don't know if they changed any of their flags for that show, but I heard from a reliable source they were getting a new flag that looked like new yard lines on a football field. I had heard it was over 100 yards wide, and the whole corps was going to disappear, just like SCV in 89. I just thought that was an awesome concept, but I would think they would be very expensive.