Boston Crusaders

Naw....BAC will never be in the ditch. But it might take longer to get to the next level. They seemed to have a great formula on the early 2000's, and it either escaped them, or they needed too many new recruits. It's tough to re-load.

I agree with Dusti - give us a circa 1971 show - even with Ballad of the Giraffes - and they would bring the house down. The tough part - writing a visual show in thie ear with traditional BAC music from a forgotten era.

Dusti - I hope you agree - give me more than 10 notes for Conquest !!!!!

Oh you can write one for it. Imagine Boris into the jazz version of conquest. I was in drum corps from 67-79. 67-69 Norwood Continentals, 70-77 21st Lancers, 78-79 Boston. Not many could handle the writings of Ed Dennon. Mondo Cano 2 adn Vikings and well the smoothness of Califonia Dreaming.. so inspiring... If corps had the balls to just make a historical show it would be phenomenal. and please get away from the 3 valves things. You cant even join a corps anymore or pull someone off the street now.. glorified marching bands now.. set up for highschool and college players..

Dusty

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Boston, I still listen to their 1991 Rocky show (esp since Bluecoats are doing some of the same pieces this year) a great deal

1991!? My age-out year! Thank you for enjoying the show. I have never been a fan of the '91 BAC show, but I will always bleed red and black.

I know it has been 30+ years…

Back in the day, we had great respect for Boston – small, but tough and clean.

Perhaps a little known fact: BD 76 snare line wore Boston t-shirts under our uniforms. They were cool…black with Boston and the griffin in red fuzzy stuff sprayed on the shirt.

I always felt bad-a##, in the lot with my Boston shirt on. It was a tribute to show that we revered respected what drum corps was really all about.

Strikethrough to cancel word choice…probably not proper to use that word in BAC topic…lol.

Wasn't there a corps from there once?

I heard rumor there was........ :tongue:

and the griffin in red fuzzy stuff sprayed on the shirt.

That would be WALDO :tongue:

Strikethrough Revere - very clever. Wasn't there a corps from there once?

yes, and I can't believe you allowed the system to show you as having 9 x 3 posts!!