Who Made A Difference?

This will be left to you to answer but...What person made the greatest impact on the DCI era drum corps? You could say Gail Royer, Jerry Seawright, George Zingali, Jim Jones, etc.

CHOOSE ONE and describe why

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I would have to say the guys who put together the Midwest Combine had the largest impact because they started the ball rolling.

Past that point how do you differentiate between what Royer, Jones and Bonfiglio did as each provided his own unique and impactiful perspective to the activity. Zingali and Sylvester certainly had a major impact on drill design but Brubaker refined the art by an order of magnitude, yet I would consider their overall impact about the same. From a business perspective Cook brought the entire concept of "corps as business" to a new level. Whoever first thought to tune the bass drums added a new dimension to the battery.

Man...this is a hard question.

The kids did.

'Nuff said.

Puppet

I don't think you can name a single person who made the greatest impact....all of the previously named made huge contributions in their own way...and to give the devil his due, let's not leave out Hop. Yes, many fans do NOT like what he's done to the activity in the last 10 years or so, so you canNOT deny what he did FOR the activity in previous years.

I guess it wasn't Puppet.

The kids worked in the hot sun all day. The kids slept on gym floors and in crowded buses. The kids put on thick, sweat inducing uniforms. The kids poured their heart and souls into the show. The kids then performed the show for the audience. The kids then went back to their gym floors or buses and ate a jello pudding pack if they were lucky.

The staff taught the kids, then went and had self-congradulatory awards shows while drinking beer and remembering the good-old-days.

Edited by apoch003

I guess it wasn't Puppet.

The kids worked in the hot sun all day. The kids slept on gym floors and in crowded buses. The kids put on thick, sweat inducing uniforms. The kids poured their heart and souls into the show. The kids then performed the show for the audience. The kids then went back to their gym floors or buses and ate a jello pudding pack if they were lucky.

The staff taught the kids, then went and had self-congradulatory awards shows while drinking beer and remembering the good-old-days.

And if the kids were like me, they loved every minute of it. So, they get even more credit.

And if the kids were like me, they loved every minute of it. So, they get even more credit.

All this is very true..THE KIDS .....BUT what about who molds the kids..who gives the product who stays up night planning...lets give a little credit .....gezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Don Angelica

All this is very true..THE KIDS .....BUT what about who molds the kids..who gives the product who stays up night planning...lets give a little credit .....gezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

True - the hard work the staff did year round and all night during the season made it possible for me to love every minute of it.