Anniversary wishes to Scouts, Cavies, Troop

Fabulous! Three corps that I love!

Um.....great article, but it's also BK's 50th, there was also a hardcover book published, there was also an alumni celebration at Drums Along the Rockies.....

Seems like a pretty big oversight for this article.

Great article. Loved every word of it (though as other have indicated, you forgot the Blue Knights)

This is something more people should read, this is what drum corps is about.......as I have found myself discovering this website, and keeping up with it, I have noticed a lot of the people on here complain about things changing in drum corps, or placements, etc.........real people that spent more than one year in drum corps know that is not what it is about, when you are marching it is about making friends and getting to know people in other corps, and getting to know your corps history and traditions.......I do have a problem with some of these "new, up and coming" corps.........only because they do not have as long as traditions, so to a lot of their members it is about competition and where they place......but that hopefully will change over time....

The corps that have been around forever are more proud of their history, than their scores..................the spectators who know this, you can tell who has marched at places that teach that...........by the posts on here......please just enjoy drum corps, because that is what 99% of the marchers do!

Apologies if this has been posted before:

http://theholynamecadets.org/news.php

As posted this morning on the Holy Name Cadets' Alumni website; www.theholynamecadets.org

THE CADETS’ ALUMNI SALUTE THE BLUE KNIGHTS

On behalf of the Cadets' Alumni I would like to apologize to The Blue Knights for overlooking their important 50th Anniversary Celebrations July 11-13 in Denver. We were unaware that BK was celebrating a special milestone this year until a former staff member brought it to our attention. The oversight was definitely unintentional, and in no way meant to indicate any lack of respect or admiration for this wonderful, ground-breaking drum corps.

We very much admire (as you can probably imagine) The Blue Knights’ commitment to a singular and unique on-field identity; and the success they are achieving in making people aware that there are many different paths that lead to entertainment satisfaction.

I have had the good fortune to be seated next to a drum corps writer for Drum Corps News from Quebec at both DCI East and the DCI Championships the past few years, and the Blue Knights are by far his favorite corps. He convinced me to watch what they are doing more closely, and I now can honestly say they are one of my favorite corps as well. They do not provide the same type of entertainment as most other corps (not a revelation to them I'm sure), but I and many others appreciate the difference very much.

Continued good luck to the Blue Knights as they continue to prosper, and special good wishes for success at the DCI Championships in Bloomington and in their quest to be the best they can be. It is an honor for The Cadets to share the field of competition with you. Congratulations on your 50th Anniversary.