And in 1st place with a score of...

I spoke with someone today who was with Boston this summer and I asked what Corps the 113 new members came from this year. I was told that most of them were new to drum corps this year. That blows my mind. How can you make it into the top 12 in a tough competitive year with so many new to drum corps members? Another chapter written for the Boston Crusaders and yes they will never die! I was also told that the members are pumped up for 2009!

As a side note I was told that many X Boston members marched with the Cadets this year. They followed the old Director to the Cadets and then he left the Cadets (just what I was told).

Yes kevin that is what I understand. He is sitting home in FL he did a lot for Boston. Cadets are a great corp. Boston has always been a great corp and god willing, will win DCI in the near furture. regards Ken T

Edited by emc2

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke with someone today who was with Boston this summer and I asked what Corps the 113 new members came from this year. I was told that most of them were new to drum corps this year. That blows my mind. How can you make it into the top 12 in a tough competitive year with so many new to drum corps members? Another chapter written for the Boston Crusaders and yes they will never die! I was also told that the members are pumped up for 2009!

As a side note I was told that many X Boston members marched with the Cadets this year. They followed the old Director to the Cadets and then he left the Cadets (just what I was told).

Boston back in top 5 next year

Actually Hop likes to brag about how many "rook-outs" that march the Cadets every year. I think alot of corps have about a 30% turnover every year. And in some years the turnover for a top 12 corps can be as much as 70%. However the high turnover with Boston this year just attests to the quality of the staff and the dedication of the kids.

A lot of vets from Boston left after 2007.

A lot of people didn't like the former director

A lot of people DID like him and didn't want to march in a corps that didn't have him (whipped)

And some others were just odd.

Every drum corps has turnover, some expected, some un. As a former member of the organization, I'm proud of what the Crusaders accomplished with approx 113 rookies this year, and an average age of about 2 years lower than many of the top 6 corps. The future is bright if these kids stay motivated.

Edited by rayfallon

We sat next to Boston's DM at dinner at the airport on the way home from Bloomington... she said that there were very few age-outs this year (13?) and that their average age was about 18 1/2. She had quite a job cut out for her this year with all the rookies, and based on what we saw on the field, she did a darn good job of it!

I expect that Boston, Madison and others who have relatively young members this year (Madison's average age is about 19 I believe) to return even stronger next year. Both of these corps have proven that they have the staffing and the talent to bring their corps up to levels that nobody thought possible during the early to mid season.

I have much more respect for the members of Boston after talking with their DM... before that, I had no idea how much turnover they had endured or how young their corps was this year.

Great job, Boston!