Crown's Guard in 3rd?

I attended the show in Charlotte last night and reviewing the scores this morning, I was shocked to see that Crown's guard placed third last night. I am in no way knocking Cavaliers or BD...I enjoyed both of their shows and their guards were outsanding but in my opinion, Crown was in another league. I had a family member there with me (former Cadets guard member) and she agreed that Crown's guard was probably one of the best units she had ever seen. Just thought I'd vent a bit on here and make it known that I disgree with the placement.

Any thoughts???

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think these three GREAT guards would be in the top three in any show no matter how many corps attended. They just all happened to be in the same show. The competition is not over, I can see any of the three winning on Saturday in Bloomington. They are all so diffferent in what they do and how they do it, I would not want to be a judge.

I was at field level, so I can't say for sure. Cavs had a very exposed drop during a feature on the 50. Saw a few Crown rifle catches (looked like 6's) that were right on the money.

If I had any faith in the judging process and community, I would wonder about such things.

Maybe after being a fan of drum corps for 29 years, I'm just jaded to the perceived "fairness" of it all.

Edited by 27/soa

The judging has been consistent that BD and Cavaliers have a better guard than Crown all year. And I happen to agree!

I don't think the concept of "home show" means squat to judges.....maybe the tendency by judges is to make sure a corps doesn't expect great things at their home show. Who knows?

Or maybe it was an off night?

So many questions....

The judging has been consistent that BD and Cavaliers have a better guard than Crown all year. And I happen to agree!

Huh?

BD had beat both Crown and Cavies in every head-to-head but until last night Crown was leading Cavies 2 to 1.

7/19/2008 San Antonio, TX Crown 0.100

7/25/2008 Murfreesboro, TN Crown 0.200

7/26/2008 Atlanta, GA Cavies 0.100

Now they are tied never being more than .2 apart.

Well, the year isn't over yet.

The Patriots were the better team last year.....until the Super Bowl!

Just accept that maybe Crown had a bad night...

or BD/Cavs had a great night.

Maybe they all had an average night...

Who knows. WHo really cares? its just one show.

When you have this many outstanding talented units, things happen.

On the percussion side,

BD, Phantom, CAvies, Crown and Blue Coats can all be 1st or 5th. LOTS of trading blows going on there.

We will see what happens in the end.

Huh?

BD had beat both Crown and Cavies in every head-to-head but until last night Crown was leading Cavies 2 to 1.

7/19/2008 San Antonio, TX Crown 0.100

7/25/2008 Murfreesboro, TN Crown 0.200

7/26/2008 Atlanta, GA Cavies 0.100

Now they are tied never being more than .2 apart.

Oops my mistake. What's the highest Crown has placed in guard at finals anyways?

From what recall it's never been above Cavies or BD, it's not like this scenario is new. They always start strong

and get passed up, from what I remember.

I need a re-cap.