Crown's Guard in 3rd?

I don't consider myself a guard person, but I did watch them some last night because I KNEW the best 3 guards in DCI were at the same show.

That said:

Blue Devils clearly had the best guard last night in Charlotte.

Crown clearly had the 2nd best guard.

Cavies clearly should've finished 3rd. (content be ######...you have that many exposed mistakes....you don't beat Crown's guard)

It's just one show and I really don't care. They were all outstanding. when you are seperated by TENTHS....that's virtually equal in my opinion

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops my mistake. What's the highest Crown has placed in guard at finals anyways?

From what recall it's never been above Cavies or BD, it's not like this scenario is new. They always start strong

and get passed up, from what I remember.

I need a re-cap.

They finished 2nd last year (2007). Cavaliers were in 1st.

Ah, thanks!

Crowns guard last year was amazing, better than this years I think.

Ah, thanks!

Crowns guard last year was amazing, better than this years I think.

And that's fine, because your opinion is just as valid as everyone else's.

My opinion is that last year's guard WAS amazing. The talent level only increased this year (highest number of auditionees ever), and the content was written by the same wonderful staff. Therefore, I find this year's guard better. Some of that rifle work...geez!!!!

My opinion is that last year's guard WAS amazing. The talent level only increased this year (highest number of auditionees ever), and the content was written by the same wonderful staff. Therefore, I find this year's guard better. Some of that rifle work...geez!!!!

I agree with you 100%. As much as I enjoyed last year's program, the guard this year is off the charts!!! The weapons line is one of the finest I have ever witnessed!

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I never pay much attention to the colorguard, but Crown's just demanded my attention both times I saw them. I honestly don't remember feeling that way about a colorguard since seeing the Cadets for the very first time in '90.

IMO BD, Cavies and Crown have the best guards out there right now. I consider it a tossup who is best depending on who peforms best.

BD's guard seems to never have a bad show-they are consistently on all the time.

Phantom could get into this top tier if they clean it up a bit.

If I have my preference I would like to see Crown win finals. Their weapons are out of this world and deisgn/concept it once again amazing. The mad conductor is genious.

Wow...and this...at their own home show.

Carolina....don't you all remember the "special" envelope for the judges? You know...the one they have waiting for them in the hotel box.

No. They read your posts Tom, and make their moves from there.

Oops my mistake. What's the highest Crown has placed in guard at finals anyways?

From what recall it's never been above Cavies or BD, it's not like this scenario is new. They always start strong

and get passed up, from what I remember.

I need a re-cap.

They were second last year at finals.