Live from the Kennedy Center...the CROSSMEN!

Mark Chambers said that Jarrett Lipmam (former DM and current Assistant Director) was integral in putting this together.

If you look at some of the other offerings of the Millenium Stage, and the fact that they put on a live show 365 nights a year, I'll bet a few more corps could swing a free day in Washington and put on a similar show next summer.

I have to say that was my first time hearing the 2008 corps, and if the visual is on par with the music I'm gonna love this seasons show when I finally get to see it.

Yeah, that's quite an undertaking - live show every night. Not many cities could carry that off. But I would bet many arts organizations across the country could handle one show a year. Interesting avenue they've taken. And I guess it's some distance from this venue to the Warrenton show, so with DC traffic - the impact of this event is likely very small. But if you put the two venues closer together... could be.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the crowd is subdued - someone should have let them know Drum Corps etiquette.

I just returned from the show... the audience was probably ~200+ people. Most of the people who attended these shows (they are free) at 6pm everyday do so before heading to the main performances of the night, so they are the theater crowd mostly. Lion King was on tonight. They don't yell and scream during things (unfortunately for drum corps).

word was they had to do a sound check to make sure they wouldn't break the fancy chandeliers...

THAT WAS SOOOO COOL..........THE CORPS SOUNDED GREAT...AND I SAW MY GUARD GIRL ON THE SIDE!!!!!!! MARK DID A GREAT JOB......IM ALWAYS GRATEFUL WHEN HE REFERS TO THE CROSSMEN HAVING 2 HOMES.........THERE IS SO MUCH LOVE HERE FOR THIS DRUM CORPS!!!!! AND I LOVE THAT AL CHEZ...........I THINK HE IS YOUR ...........BRO??

GO BONES.......HOPS,SKIPS AND JUMPS

LEIGHANNS MOM

If you go through to the archived shows, you can see a replay, if you missed it live.

.......HOPS,SKIPS AND JUMPS

LEIGHANNS MOM

Let's leave HOPS out of this. ; )

OH I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONT MEAN HIM....HOP.............TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONT MEAN HIM....HOP.............TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caps lock off, please...it's the internet equivalent of shouting. :thumbup:

:thumbup:

If you go through to the archived shows, you can see a replay, if you missed it live.

It was pretty awesome, even on the small screen. Could not get Real Player to enlarge to Theatre screen. BIG SHOUT OUT TO THE CROSSMEN FROM CALIFORNIA....YOU ARE LOVED OUT HERE ALSO.

XMEN MOM