• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez - you fanatical INT fans! :thumbup:

INT.gif

Be careful Spartputz, you're talkin bout INT

people would find something else to "snip" about.

the hole woodwind thing, shouldnt really be a problem because there would still be rules, and if they wanted to "compete"/perform, then they must follow the rules. ta da

Correction: I think the sniping goes on between the fans of Phantom and Cavaliers.

No doubt competition exists between the Regiment and the Cavaliers. :thumbup:

And to answer the original question, answer this: Do you like Blast! ? If you do, and you can appreciate the art for what it is, then I think you can safely say that you would like it if DCI weren't judged. Pick you favorite orchestra. Better: Pick your favorite rock band, combo, whatever and compare them. Can you enjoy them without quantitatively saying who is first? Or can you appreciate them for what they are - what they bring aesthetically to you?

Or, do you have to be so "drilled down" that you have to have a placement to justify ANY enjoyment?

Personally, I don't mind the placements. I like it when my team wins, but I like watching everyone out there achieving at a really high level. I like reading DCP and hearing about how 'The Blue Knights have Lost Their Mind', or how Madison this, or Vanguard that, or BD this or PR that. Then I like to go to the show and listen and have every stupid negative assessment erased by what I see with my own two eyes on the football field. The placements, at that point, are just 'toppings on the ice cream' (.02 to the visual thread).

Enjoy it while you got it. It may go away.

I think some of the biggest sniping goes on between Cavaliers and Phantom.

Drumcorps will always have bitter griping people. I've always said I love drumcorps but I hate the fans. Drumcorps fans can be the most disturbing people in the world. Snobby ones especially.

I think DCI should do away with audiences! They should perform for judges only

Without competition/scoring...then wouldn't drum corp evolve into pure entertainment. For example...NBA basketball vs Harlem Globetrotters. Or...World Class Ice Skating vs. Disney on Ice???? I like it all, but it's different. Yeah, with competition comes all the "stuff". Can you imagine what all these threads would be like without scoring in DCI? What would we all talk about :thumbup::lol::thumbup:

Geez - you fanatical INT fans! :thumbup:

INT.gif

Many bladders thank you. And hot dog and souvie vendors as well.

No, I don’t think so; I don’t think this board or this activity would be any kinder or gentler without scoring the performances.

There are just some miserable, bitter, dour and sour people that will always have an axe to grind regardless. Often those people try to mask or even worse justify their bitterness by pointing to some silly slight or imagined grievance, say like a staff at a souvenir booth making an off hand remark years prior. Those wretched cretins often use their faux justification so they can attack (actively or passively) other corps as if their words had any merit or effect on the community at large. But most here and in the activity are fairly mature and intelligent and they can often see it as the farce it is, and then it becomes more of a reflection upon the miserable, nasty, mean spirited, stunted being that spews such bile. Yep, some people are just that way.

And to answer the original question, answer this: Do you like Blast! ? If you do, and you can appreciate the art for what it is, then I think you can safely say that you would like it if DCI weren't judged. Pick you favorite orchestra. Better: Pick your favorite rock band, combo, whatever and compare them. Can you enjoy them without quantitatively saying who is first? Or can you appreciate them for what they are - what they bring aesthetically to you?

I enjoy Blast, but I love drum corps. I love watching the scores come in, even when they drive me crazy. I love that it forces the corps to improve their shows instead of presenting a single version all summer long.

If the scores went away, I'd probably leave. And so would a lot of people, and the shows would make less money, and the corps would make less money and...