Boston Crusaders score drop

Not surprised given the change in Director after a 10 year run and the unavoidable drama from the departure both with loyal members and individuals within DCI.

Amazing job this year Boston!

As for the scores

* Rome NY 1.5 point drop in Percussion from the prior three shows, don't know the judge, can't comment. Look at the recap. 84.950 + 1.5 = 86.45

* Lawrence MA, well only DCI show with no recap posted so no analysis yet.

Just curious - was the departure of the former director an ugly one?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious - was the departure of the former director an ugly one?

I am on the outisde and it appeared ok to me. It is a very professional organization.

I did notice a few longtime BAC members who are 2008 "ageouts" in with the Cadets this year. I am sure the turnover was greater this year.

Sure would love a recap from last nights show DCI

Edited by KevinRomano

Pittsburg, KS (7/23/08)- 86.000

Lawrence, MA (7/31/08)- 84.350

What gives? When I saw this show in Atlanta they turned it on for the finals performance and were absolutely on fire. The show is magnificent, and I can't wrap my head around something like this not making finals. Here's hoping this is only temporary...

Much love for BAC here, but to be fair, your score comparisons are not representative of BAC's progression. Look at BAC's scores before Pittsburg KS and after, and you will see that Pittsburg was an anomoly - they jumped a lot that night and came right back down. BAC is fantastic this year, and they are very competitive. That speaks volumes for the organization and the kids when they had the wholesale turnover of staff and members this year. BAC is in no danger of falling out of finals (IMHO), and I have no doubt they will be entertaining the crowd as they have done all season. Now if Brandt Crocker could just learn how to pronounce their shown title :shutup:

Not surprised given the change in Director after a 10 year run and the unavoidable drama from the departure both with loyal members and individuals within DCI.

Amazing job this year Boston!

As for the scores

* Rome NY 1.5 point drop in Percussion from the prior three shows, don't know the judge, can't comment. Look at the recap. 84.950 + 1.5 = 86.45

I was at the show last night great show by all. Boston has a very complex show and are working extremely hard to perfect their show. Have to give the kids and staff a lot of credit. They have a young corp that are very talented. I see them 7th or 8th. Note: Cav's had a great show best i have seen in a few years.

Much love for BAC here, but to be fair, your score comparisons are not representative of BAC's progression. Look at BAC's scores before Pittsburg KS and after, and you will see that Pittsburg was an anomoly - they jumped a lot that night and came right back down. BAC is fantastic this year, and they are very competitive. That speaks volumes for the organization and the kids when they had the wholesale turnover of staff and members this year. BAC is in no danger of falling out of finals (IMHO), and I have no doubt they will be entertaining the crowd as they have done all season. Now if Brandt Crocker could just learn how to pronounce their shown title :shutup:

I am on the outisde and it appeared ok to me. It is a very professional organization.

I did notice a few longtime BAC members who are 2008 "ageouts" in with the Cadets this year. I am sure the turnover was greater this year.

Sure would love a recap from last nights show DCI

It would be good to see the Boston Crusaders with a few more Massachusetts ( and New England ) members in their ranks in the future ( just my opinion )

Ironically, The Carolina Crown ( from South Carolina ) are chock full of kids from Massachusetts in their ranks this year, I'm told. MANY more than the Boston Crusaders currently have. There are few from Massachusetts these days in the Boston Crusaders Corps.

( seems the Univ. of Mass. has sent the Carolina Crown quite a few members this year to them if my source is accurate)

Edited by BRASSO

I understand your point, but night to night yo-yo's in scores (particularly at the local shows) is nothng new. When corps compete head to head (i.e., regioanls nad Championships) is the only thing that counts as far as scores are concerns. One score anomoly at a local show does not mean BAC is out of Finals (and I know you know that - just saying). BAC will be just fine. They have been competitive at all the regionals.

The girlfriend of the guy who's brother has a cousin who has a friend's mother that supposedly has it on good authority............

( I have a source that tells me that Boston has 110 rookies in their ranks this year, more than ever in their 65+ year history..... it's a very young Corps this year I'm hearing )

I heard that as well. Are they looking beyond this year and working toward developing these 110 for next year? Has anyone heard of a 3-4 year plan for BAC or was this just what they could get? They seem pretty talented for rookies.

I understand your point, but night to night yo-yo's in scores (particularly at the local shows) is nothng new. When corps compete head to head (i.e., regioanls nad Championships) is the only thing that counts as far as scores are concerns. One score anomoly at a local show does not mean BAC is out of Finals (and I know you know that - just saying). BAC will be just fine. They have been competitive at all the regionals.

Oh I agree 100%

It would be good to see the Boston Crusaders with a few more Massachusetts ( and New England ) members in their ranks in the future ( just my opinion )

Ironically, The Carolina Crown ( from South Carolina ) are chock full of kids from Massachusetts in their ranks this year, I'm told. MANY more than the Boston Crusaders currently have. There are few from Massachusetts these days in the Boston Crusaders Corps.

( seems the Univ. of Mass. has sent the Carolina Crown quite a few members this year to them if my source is accurate)

Interesting, perhaps that is also a rusult of the changes in management this this year.

Sounds like it would be nice to see more Carolina residents in the Carolina Crown as well but I think those days are long gone for all of the World Class Corps.

Edited by KevinRomano