I saw all 4 corps this weekend, and I just can't see Cavies taking brass over any of the other top 3 corps. Carolina's brass was so pure and harmonic tonight, that I could see them placing 3rd or 4th and still taking the caption. If PR works out the fracks they had tonight, they could take brass. And BD is pretty unbelievable.

Carolina is pure and harmonic during the ballad, it's true -- but when they're playing stuff that requires a bit more articulation, as they are much of the time, they sound a bit uneven to me.

BD is still having some issues. I think people who say they're a bit top-heavy are right. The lower brass sounds great, but the rest of them need to adjust it juuuuust a little bit. I bet that'll be fixed though.

I can't really complain about PR.

The Cadets feel kinda . . . quiet? Shy? Hesitant? There's something missing . . .

The Cavs sound great. I won't complain that the brass book sucks; I appreciate music that's atmospheric. But considering the power of the other big dogs this year, I don't think they'll have a chance at brass title.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:smile:

:worthy:regiment's show has just become the most legendary show in all of dci :worthy:history. :worthy:they'll :worthy:clean :worthy:up, :worthy:and :worthy:they'll :worthy:be :worthy:the :worthy:saturday :worthy:night corps for sure.

I honestly agree! After seeing them tonight, I am convinced that they have a chance to be #1 next week in Bloomington!!!

Good luck to all corps!!

I AM SPARTUCUS!!!!! :cool::smile::cool::cheer::cheer::rock:

which means you can give everyone from Friday night at least .5 more points to compare the two evenings...........

Not true...as of this year, the judges were asked to compare their scores to that of the numbers they gave last night. They were instructed to judge with the Friday scores in mind.

I have this sneaking suspicion that Cadets still have a hand to play. They are pretty close as well. After watching all the corps live in Allentown this weekend, it just feels to me like it is between Cavies and PR. I am not counting out BD and Crown because they both have the ability to pull something out of their respective hats, but Cavies have another drill filled power packed show and PR has one of the most epic shows ever put on a field. I'll be down in Bloomington, so I will be excited to see how this all turns out. What a great year.

Theyv'e always been the late Season Surgers so i would definitely not put it past them or count them out.