Quarterfinals Theater Audience

ok, ive gone to the quarterfinals broadcast every year that it's happened and ive noticed that everytime something amazing would happen in a show and i would cheer about it, the rest of the people in the theater would look at me awkward.

i mean, are we NOT at a drum corps show??

even though its not outside under the lights, does that mean you have to stay on the hush the whole time??

im just wondering if this happens in any of the other theaters out there?

i know im not gonna hold back any excitement that i'd let out at a live show just cuz we're in a theater.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, ive gone to the quarterfinals broadcast every year that it's happened and ive noticed that everytime something amazing would happen in a show and i would cheer about it, the rest of the people in the theater would look at me awkward.

even though its not outside under the lights, does that mean you have to stay on the hush the whole time??

i know im not gonna hold back any excitement that i'd let out at a live show just cuz we're in a theater.

Actually, with the very few people in the theater here, the biggest applause is when someone else from the early 70's walks in at the bottom in the dark but everyone else can see them.

But of course there are the band kids who clap for things they really are not sure about yet when all the "older people" go nuts, they look around as if ...........WTF.........then someone explains it and they all start cheering.

Sorta like DCP, you have many people who know whats going on and alot of people without a clue trying to impress their freinds with a bunch of BS they read on a YEA advertisement...........

:smile:

NO MATTER WHAT< IT"S NEVER F###### LOUD ENOUGH in the theater.

But I willing to bet that INT will have a great show keeping them in the middle of the pack

every year i go to the Qtrs Cinecast at the Green Hills Cinema in Nashville, the place is packed and everyone behaves just like they would at the MTSU show.

but sadly, i won't be going this year. :(

'CAUSE I'M GOING TO FINALS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go for it. i wont be there, but i'd never be one to criticize a drum corps spectator for their enthusiasm.

I've had that same experience each year as well. For me it's very frustrating when everyone just sits there and gives a little polite clapping at the end of each show and that's it.

This year I'm going to a theater that hasn't been used in the past so I don't know what the crowd will be like. But I'll be with two other people who have committed to cheering with me. So there will be at least three of us there looking like idiots. :cool: Hopefully we'll inspire everyone else to get into it as well.

Then I'll be getting up bright and early the next morning and heading to Bloomington! :smile: No worries about the crowd reaction on Friday and Saturday nights. I'll be screaming my head off along with everyone else!