Blue Stars -- Back in finals!

Someone tell Furlano to check his corps email....I just shot the idea over to him...

This idea was already discussed on the Blue Stars forum. Brad essentially stated that current members would have the ability to keep their helmet, the cadet corps would have their uniform needs met, they will archive some for historical purposes, and we'll see what is left over.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first year knowing anything about DCI and I will say after reading the history of the Blue Stars in this thread I am very happy for all involved. I am a Wisconsin native and lived there for the first 39 years of my life. It makes me proud that the land of cheese is one of the hotbeds for this activity. I will be pulling for you to be right behind the Glassmen. Sorry, my son is a contra for the G-men. Nothing would make me happer than to see both take some by surprise and move up to tickle the current powers a little more this week. Give them something to fear for next year.

I've been a fan of the Blue Star organization since the mid 70's.

It was always a thrill to see them when they were a division 2/3 corps. They never "dumbed down" their program. I loved watching them tackle a difficult show and selling it in August. Seem like they have kept that tradition alive.

Thank-you Blue Stars, Madison, Pioneer and Racine Scouts for keeping drum corps alive in Wisconsin.

thanks for noticing the work we did in the lean years !

Thank-you Blue Stars, Madison, Pioneer and Racine Scouts for keeping drum corps alive in Wisconsin.

Do you remember the Stevens Point Centralaires???

:tongue:

Thank you! I had forgotten about the Centralaires!! (I am from Wausau)

I am SO happy to see the Blue Stars back in finals!! When the Wausau Story started in 1971 as a parade corps, they tapped the Blue Stars for instruction and writing, so they were always our mentor corps. The (First Federal) Blue Stars were my absolute favorite!

What amazes me is that Blue Stars were always so strong, who would have guessed that 79 was their last finals and the beginning of their decline. They should have made finals in 80, as should have Troopers.....IMHO. Sitting there in the stands at prelims in 1979, I never would have guessed that we saw the last appearance of the Blue Stars in finals until now!

Okay - I miss the helmets - but the show is amazing! Blue Stars are on the road back to the top!

Keep it going! Now I can only hope that the Troopers join them there - just like "the old days"!

Jim

Wausau Story 72 - 78

Troopers 79

Buccaneers 83

Keep it going! Now I can only hope that the Troopers join them there - just like "the old days"!

:sad::doh::doh::doh::doh::tongue:

As the Blue Stars were always one of my favorite corps, it is good indeed to see them on the rise. I actually first saw them at an indoor concert in the winter before their first season in 65. There was a lot of interest in this new corp because they were sponsored by a bank and they figured to be another good western Wisconsin corps along with the Eau Claire Boys. We figured they would be good right out of the box, and they were. It warms my heart that the they, along with some of the other great corps I marched against (Troop, Scouts, Cavies, Cadets, Crusaders) are still out there doing it. Good luck guys.

What would really be cool -- if the "stars line up," is for DCI's 40th Anniversary in 2012 we had a finals line up that included Santa Clara Vanguard, Blue Stars, Cavaliers, and if they switch to a World Class corps for that year - the Kilties. Then we would have four of the first 12 corps that were in DCI's first finals!!!

:tongue: