Credit and Tic FINALS!: Version III

Here's the deal,

First off, I wouldn't have said anything except you started whining about some people ticking Madison every time. You weren't concerened how some voted for the other corps but if it was against the Scouts, well we just can't stand for that, can we? However, since you decided to open that can of worms, let's see what you've done here, shall we?

Your three votes in C&T v.3.0:

#1- tick- PR and BS

#2- tick- PR and BS

#3- tick- PR and SCV

Second... IT'S A FREAKIN' GAME!!!!

heehee... only 6 more hours beore I get to tick Madison again! :worthy:

I was meaning to ask - What is SKA? I get the Jerk part but what is the SKA all about?

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 - Bluecoats

17 - Blue Stars

23 - Carolina Crown

32 - Madison Scouts

28 - Phantom Regiment

26 - Santa Clara Vanguard

25 - Troopers

credit Madison

Tick SCV

Tick Troop

6 - Bluecoats

18 - Blue Stars +

23 - Carolina Crown

31 - Madison Scouts -

27 - Phantom Regiment -

25 - Troopers

Edited by Fleur-di-lis

5 - Bluecoats (-)

18 - Blue Stars

22 - Carolina Crown (-)

31 - Madison Scouts

27 - Phantom Regiment

26 - Troopers (+)

Edited by rifleline14

5 - Bluecoats (-)

17 - Blue Stars

22 - Carolina Crown (-)

32 - Madison Scouts

28 - Phantom Regiment

26 - Troopers (+)

Try again... we had posts going on at the same time and I was editing my response based on the one that came in before me.

I think I got it all fixed up

It's only Tuesday. I think at the current rate of the game we will have a winner by Saturday or before. Now who gets to go through all the posts (on all three threads) and put the corps in order for an accurate top 20? I call "not it" first.

5 - Bluecoats

18 - Blue Stars

23 - Carolina Crown (+)

30 - Madison Scouts (-)

27 - Phantom Regiment

25 - Troopers(-)

Credit-Crown

Tick-Madison

Tick-Troopers

5 - Bluecoats

18 - Blue Stars

24 - Carolina Crown +

30 - Madison Scouts

26 - Phantom Regiment -

25 - Santa Clara Vanguard -

25 - Troopers

I was meaning to ask - What is SKA? I get the Jerk part but what is the SKA all about?

You calling me a jerk?? :worthy:

</TOPIC>

Trying to keep it short, ska is Jamaica's first indigenous popular music. It was the precursor to rocksteady and reggae. It's a fusion of mento, calypso, American jazz and rhythm and blues. Put the guitar and/or piano on the upbeat, add a walking bass line and the drums emphasing the 2nd and 4th beats and you pretty much have ska. It started in Jamaica in the late 50s, early 60s. Bob Marley played the ska before he became popular playing reggae in the late 70s. Simply, it's ska (late 50s to the mid 60s), rocksteady, (a slower version of ska. The mid to late 60s), reggae (late 60s - the present).

If you've heard the song "My Boy Lollipop" by Millie Smalls, you've heard Jamaican ska.

If you've heard the songs, "One Step Beyond" or "Madness" by Madness. "Rudy, A Message To You" or "Little B####" (which was in the dance scene in 16 Candles) by The Specials, you've heard 2Tone ska.

A ska revival started in the states in the late 80s with bands like The Toasters on the East coast and Fishbone on the West coast that is still going on today. Blondie's "The Tide Is High" was an old rocksteady tune. There's more info on my site (see the Ska Jerk link below) or if you want to hear what ska sounds like, click the SJ Radio link and you can also find some old ska recordings/viseos on You Tube.

My screen name (and the name of my site and radio station) is an old Bob Marley tune called Ska Jerk.

<TOPIC>