Alumni Spectacular

Would sure bring back a lot of memories if they could do the "Fixed Bayonet Drill"....at least I think that's what it was called.

Yeah, but it will be a mean trick to catch Crusaders show.

Regards,

John

Oops. this was mean to be in reply to:

" Optimists have the chance (?) to appear first.

They can watch all the other corps after their performance." by Quebecois

Edited by sarnia sam

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our bayonets are out getting fixed. Unfortunately, the guys who did that are playing bass, drum majoring and playing horn, the only thing they throw now is thier backs.

Otherwise, the music (El Cid - OFT, and San Fransico - closer) will have to do for the memories

Regards,

John

Works for me. Can't believe how tight your drill was at last years Spectacular. Reminded me of Opti at their finest.

Works for me. Can't believe how tight your drill was at last years Spectacular. Reminded me of Opti at their finest.

When I began to get interested in drum corps in the sixties, the 2 canadian champions

were the Guelph Royalaires (senior) and the Toronto Optimists (junior).

Scout House and De Lasalle Oakland were very close in the junior competition.

The Marching Ambassadors, the Canadian Commanders and Les Diplomates were good seniors corps too.

Les Diplomates became canadian senior champions in 1965.

I'm very happy to see that Scout House, the Optimists and Les Diplomates will participate

in the Alumni spectacular and give to the fans good memories.

Geez - 10am!!! The Crusaders will have to stay up all night to be there at 10am!!!

Err, what's that? Going to stay up all night anyway? Oh... never mind...

What's up with the Saders going on so early? I think they have been at every DCA Alumni show since day one and I hear they have 45 horns this year.

Anyway....... Eat em up Boston !

wow, I don't think Sky has ever been on that early before.

2002 - Scranton - the year of "The Rain" ... we followed the Toronto Signals very proper military marching routine by coming out of the stands to the Traffic Jam ... quite a culture shock for them ... the only player that entered from the back gate was Gene Moratta playing Gunga Din's bugle call ... he didn't get the "drill change" ... LOL ...

While going on late is pretigious (more people get to see you ... more time to prepare ... get up a little later) ... going on early has it's advantages also (better parking ... seeing more corps ... getting on the road home early ... having a few more pops with friends after your performance ... possibly more time at the hotel before finals, etc.) ...

Anyway ... like someone said ... get there early to see them all ... the players do put in a special effort for the showcase of Alumni Corps ...

Andy "not the roo" Lisko

Hey Andy!

WILL YOU BE THERE? IF SO, HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN.

Nick

GO SKY ALUMNI!!!

Hi Nick ... nope ... retired from playing after the 2006 campaign and there's just too many things happening in life that don't allow me to venture north ... in fact, I haven't been able to make any shows this year ... not even the Barnum ... and that's right in my backyard ... oh well ... we'll see what next year brings ... I think you'll like this year's edition of Sky's Alumni ... the have a few "surprises" planned for the crowd ... get there early ... you won't want to miss this!!!!

Andy "Duke's friend according to Joe" Lisko

I was thinking a bit more about this and seem to recall that Mickey put in a plan in whereby Alumni's of former DCA corps would go on after former non-DCA corps ... the exception was in 2003 and 2004 when the Royal Airs were allowed to perform last ... then, in 2005, the order reverted back to the original format ...

Mickey did this out of respect for the contributions these member corps (especially the past Champions) made to the DCA ... and, being that it's DCA Championship weekend, what better place to honor them?

Anyway, that's the way I recall Mickey's "unwritten rule" ... LOL ...

Andy "maybe Gil will invoke it again" Lisko

I was thinking a bit more about this and seem to recall that Mickey put in a plan in whereby Alumni's of former DCA corps would go on after former non-DCA corps ... the exception was in 2003 and 2004 when the Royal Airs were allowed to perform last ... then, in 2005, the order reverted back to the original format ...

Mickey did this out of respect for the contributions these member corps (especially the past Champions) made to the DCA ... and, being that it's DCA Championship weekend, what better place to honor them?

Anyway, that's the way I recall Mickey's "unwritten rule" ... LOL ...

Andy "maybe Gil will invoke it again" Lisko

I think that former DCA senior corps especially the former champions should go on at the end of the Alumni spectacular.

That would bring the Skyliners Alumni on 9th or 10th place.