South African segment after BD

I got as much sympathy for kids as the next guy but I don't appectiate them throwing that stuff in my face after paying $18 bucks for a ticket.Its one thing if they would have showed it during intermission but they showed it while we were waiting for scores.I would have much preferred to hear more of the commentary.

Boo hiss DCI.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you, looking forward to your ban at somepoint in the future since I don't see you lasting long here.

I got as much sympathy for kids as the next guy but I don't appectiate them throwing that stuff in my face after paying $18 bucks for a ticket.Its one thing if they would have showed it during intermission but they showed it while we were waiting for scores.I would have much preferred to hear more of the commentary.

Boo hiss DCI.

I must disagree....while it was perhaps a bit TOO political in tone (but it kinda HAD to be to make the point), what better way to ensure a wide viewing audience than running it while we're waiting for the last 2 scores???

I'm sure the children of South Africa whose lives have been changed by music will be sending you personal apology notes for wasting your precious time.

:smile:

Edited by troon8

Boo hiss DCI.

"I've got as much sympathy for kids as the next guy"... um, apparently NOT.

I'll have you know that I was fortunate to personally march with some of the kids who are a part of that South African field band organization when I was with Pioneer (and BIG props to them for the involvement they have with that organization).

If I find their contact information, I'll be sure to pass it along to you so you can tell them yourself how insignificant you think they are.

Boo hiss DCI.

agreed.... i wanted more drum corps... if i wanted a sap story i'd just watch cadets...

Boo hiss DCI.

Also disagree ... They're making a difference, one kid at a time, in a place that needs it. I've seen that documentary three times this summer (as it was shown after two of the webcasts.)

No, it's not easy to watch because it confronts our reality. Tough ####. Sometimes we in the US need our reality confronted ... I say bravo Dave Gibbs and bravo DCI.

I'll have you know that I was fortunate to personally march with some of the kids who are a part of that South African field band organization when I was with Pioneer (and BIG props to them for the involvement they have with that organization).

So some of the SA kids came out and did Pio??? Sweet! What did they think of the big time?

So some of the SA kids came out and did Pio??? Sweet! What did they think of the big time?

They had the time of their lives. And these were young kids too- oldest was I think 16.

There are 3 or 4 kids from SA marching with Pioneer this year as well. They showed them after they aired the doc on the Atlanta webcast.

A lot of folks judge Pioneer just by their outward appearances ... Uniforms, performance levels, etc.. Roman's vision for that corps involves things that most people don't really care about, or only pay lip service to. Roman talks the talk and walks the walk, y'know?