Announcer

I think I'd be so depressed if he stopped announcing for DCI. I always love hearing him announce the corps. And to finally be able to put a face to a voice at the cinecast was nice.

I <3 Brandt Crocker

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night, my wife sat down at the computer with me for the last five shows. She likes (or tolerates) drum corps, but she is glad that I'm no longer flying her to Buffalo for finals. But last night, she said, "You know, he has a cool voice. I always liked hearing his announcements." So that's the word from someone who is not emotionally tied to The Voice of Drum Corps.

Edited by Dr.Mickey

Please..no way ca you get rid of the master of ceremonies.

Mike Boo introduced me to the man a few years ago, what an honor that was! :smile: He's really a nice man too.

I envy you. I've loved hearing Brandt Crocker announce since becoming a fan in 03. The first time I saw him was on the Jumbotron in Atlanta when that pipe exploded and he was announcing the updated schedule. I didn't know his name at the time, but I was like "OMG IT'S THE ANNOUNCER GUY!". And about OP wanting to get rid of him? Don't be adsurb :thumbup: .

Edited by UTtrumpetdude

No one said he wasn't nice. I'm sure he is.........but..........

Give it up, buddy....you are not going to win this arguement!

AND...btw; I have heard him since literally the beginning of DCI: and I have NOT changed my mind. Brandt is CLASSIC...one of the few things DCI has left to tie it to its history. You knew you were in a serious performance when you heard Brandt say 'On the starting line....'

(Which I many times wish the phrase was still used...)

All right, I should be crucified for my opinion. Sorry, 20 lashes with a wet noodle. I just don't like the way he announces that's all. Lots of people have dedicated lots of time, money, families, etc. for the sake of drum corps......that has nothing to do with the way he announces the corps. Oh, forget it.

Go Phantom.

I'm with you--I wasn't impressed the first time I heard him announce and I'm still not. His voice does have the virtue of being familiar now, so I can zone it out.

TAFL

...waiting for a "Where's Spartacus?" book....

Hey... if you were a hot dog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself? I know I would. First, I'd smother myself with brown mustard and relish. I'd be so delicious!

Ok, I laughed so loud at that I woke up my wife. Brilliant.

Back to the original post.

After hearing Brandt's voice on TV and vinyl albums literally hundreds of times, I can't describe the thrill I had when I was on the field and heard him say, "On the starting line, from Hutchinson Kansas - the Sky Ryders!" No telling how many thousands of young people have felt that excitement.

It is a wonderful and vital part of the drum corps experience.

I like alot of the changes that have happened in DCI over the years... but Brandt Crocker and Fran HArring.. I hope they NEVER change.

Keep the announcers. Pull them to the side and teach them how to pronouce words. If they can't smack em...the fire their butts for not being able to do their job properly. Take an annoucer from a activity that has a sense of pride and professionalism and this would NEVER happen more than once.

I envy you. I've loved hearing Brandt Crocker announce since becoming a fan in 03. The first time I saw him was on the Jumbotron in Atlanta when that pipe exploded and he was announcing the updated schedule. I didn't know his name at the time, but I was like "OMG IT'S THE ANNOUNCER GUY!". And about OP wanting to get rid of him? Don't be adsurb :thumbup: .

I have been blessed to have met some of the greatest in DCI History thanks to some people I am blessed to know. He really is a nice guy. My husband and I bowed down to him when we met him (you know the not worthy), and he blushed...and said, "oh stop". :smile:

I can't imagine anyone else announcing each corps. Every other little show has its own "announcer" (excluding major regionals), but when HE announces and you're under the lights in front of (or in) the crowd thinking "this is it."