Announcer

Sorry to get so many of you upset. IN MY OPINION, I just don't like the way he announces the corps. Some day you will be listening to the recordings again and you will agree that its awful. Mark my word on that one!

So you don't like him- fine. But to suggest that he should stop announcing? Yeah, no.

The man IS DCI. When I marched last summer, we weren't at a show he announced until Atlanta.

It was then, on that field, hearing his voice, that I felt like I was truly marching.

Haven't gotten tired of him yet.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, Brandt Crocker is an icon in our activity. "Adsubity" merely endears him to us even more. He's not going anywhere unless he wants to (or Chuck Norris demands it).

Second, the way an announcer says things makes you sick? Perhaps you have a bit of a queasy stomach? Some Pepto, perhaps?

At this point don't you think the Devils are intentionally asking him to say it that way?

My ex (who speaks semi-fluent French) would practically go into convulsions when he'd hear Brandt Crocker hack up Les Etoile's name.

Then again, he was a choir guy and he'd usually convulse anytime I'd "subject him" to drum corps.

Edited by psidancer

At this point don't you think the Devils are intentionally asking him to say it that way?

Yeah, I said that earlier. Wouldn't surprise me one bit (and don't mind it either).

Sorry to get so many of you upset. IN MY OPINION, I just don't like the way he announces the corps. Some day you will be listening to the recordings again and you will agree that its awful. Mark my word on that one!

Mark my word: I will never grow tired of hearing Brandt bring his unique brand of excitement to the drum corps field.

In the 30 years I've been writing about drum corps for DCI and other publications, I've interviewed COUNTLESS members of corps. And I've lost count of how many times one has told me that they know they've arrived to the big show when they hear Brandt's voice announce their corps.

Within the past year, I've also been to two corps anniversary banquets where Brandt spoke, and the kids erupted when he announced their corps as if they were taking the field.

Some day there will be drum corps without Brandt...and the world will be a colder, darker place for it.

I respect your opinion, but asking DCI to get rid of Brandt is like asking the Pope to get rid of Jesus Christ.