Bluecoats Colorguard

Go back and look at the scores for their guard and you will see how it always stalls out or goes down for the last couple of years before finals. I'm not

crazy. For some reason Bluecoats and demanding work hasn't crossed my mind since 2004. They have a lot of young kids on that guard, not a lot of

vets from what I am hearing, and it shows.

But since it is about placement, I think they should have scored only one placement up at 11th and BK at 12th.

In a very competitive year for color guard I think Debbie Torchia got it right. Yeah, I went there.

(And by 'bites the big one' i mean the score, not the performance or having a bad show)

Nope. . .sorry, I disagree on this one. I think she got the spread and the placement wrong. BC should be right behind the the Blue Stars and depending on performance variables. . .close to the Glassmen, though probably ahead.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure if you'll know the answer to this, but does that seem like something that would help, or hurt the guard tonight? i would guess that it would help but i'm not entirely sure.

Knowing how Robert operates, I don't think it's going to really matter. . . .I think that if Bloooo was in 6th, they might get a slight bump, as SCV would go before them and their number should be fairly high, so he might have come down a little. . .. but the same can also be said for the Blue Stars. . .However, I think they would probably benefit more from going on after scv's guard....as the frame of mind would be at a higher level. That said, I think it's probably only a matter of .1 or so.

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

I just want to publically say that Robert Solomon got it SOOOOOOOOOOOOO right tonight with his adjudication/numbers for the colorguard caption. A HUGE Thank you for rewarding groups on merit and without bias.

Look what happens when your guard finally gets credit for what they are doing!!! Oh and having a fantastic drumline and GE packed show doesn't hurt either!!! Congrats on 6th and making the jump!!! DVD extras here you come. . .lol

i guess we can watch the guard cam on the dvd now and see for ourselves......someone remember to make a thread about this once the dvd's are released.

i guess we can watch the guard cam on the dvd now and see for ourselves......someone remember to make a thread about this once the dvd's are released.

I just said this on another thread, lol. (well more or less anyways)

I am gonna be mad if Coats are doing A class work at a world class level (AGAIN).

Edited by Musical_Spinner

I just said this on another thread, lol. (well more or less anyways)

I am gonna be mad if Coats are doing A class work at a world class level (AGAIN).

Seeing as though they had a staff shake-up and now have a big chunk of Phantom's staff along with some of Center Grove's. . .you'll be surprised. It's very Adam Sage.

i'm less sure about this year because i didnt spend my summer around them, but they certainly haven't been doing "class A work" for the last few years, not in the least.

i'm less sure about this year because i didnt spend my summer around them, but they certainly haven't been doing "class A work" for the last few years, not in the least.

for me they lack in CG design compared to the other corps....

i feel like most CG's in the 1-7 range can all perform the same work but it's the design that separates them...

Watch more A class shows is all I have to say.

Seeing as though they had a staff shake-up and now have a big chunk of Phantom's staff along with some of Center Grove's. . .you'll be surprised. It's very Adam Sage.

From what I remember they didn't have that same Oakley style which is a good thing.

I really need to see the DVD before I pass final judgement.

This will actually be the first DCI DVD that I'll buy since 05.