Bluecoats Colorguard

Yep, DT has had a problem with 'Coats, and no one knows why. Consistently has dumped them, even in strong guard years for Bluecoats. (Not that this year isn't strong, but they have had stronger guards).

They have had stronger guards, but there's no way this is a 12th place guard.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert Solomon. . .this is neither an advantage or disadvantage, he'll probably be pretty close on where they should actually be placing. I would say 8th. I think the Blue Stars does in fact have a much more demanding guard book and it's executed better.

Yay, I like Robert Solomon actually. Blue Stars are definitely over Bluecoats (too much blue this year) and they look really good for getting back into finals after 29 years. I love their guard this year.

Here's the breakdown in the guard caption from Quarters to Semi's:

Blue Devils 19.7 (-.2)

Phantom 19.5 (+.3)

Cavies 19.4 (-.3)

The Cadets 19.2 (+.2)

Crown 19 (-.4)

SCV 18.8 (+.1)

Blue Stars 18.5 (+.2)

Glassmen18.1 (+.2)

Boston 18.0 (+.4)

Crossmen 17.8 (+.8)

Blue Knights17.7 (-.1)

Bluecoats 17.6 (-.9)

Colts 17.4 (+.1)

Madison 17.2 (+.1)

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

I'm not sure I haven't had time to keep up with staff changes really at all this season. I just know Cadets CG caption and Cavies losing Fiedler. lol

But I can tell if X-men got BC's caption head. It shows. Same with Cadets, just not the same.

The weird thing about this statement is that the Bluecoats CG (although admitted outstanding the last 5 or so years) never scored well with the previous staff.

DW

One funny thing about this is the judging panels expand at major shows so one judge can't bring down an overall score.....DT kind of defeated that theory.

DW

One thing that factors into debbie dumping them, is that they now perform before Intermission and not in the group of the top 6.

not sure if you'll know the answer to this, but does that seem like something that would help, or hurt the guard tonight? i would guess that it would help but i'm not entirely sure.

But I can tell if X-men got BC's caption head. It shows. Same with Cadets, just not the same.

Crossmen had their own caption head still there, brought in Jamie Oakley, but not for long.

His last days with the corps was about a week before San Antonio.

Their style is definitely like Mike Sloan who is the caption head and Randi Miles, the co-caption head.....

I don't see Jamie in their show at all.

---------------------------------

I say it every year and I am right every year, the BCGC always bites the big one towards the

end of the season. They stall out and crash. This isn't anything new.

That being said, this years crash was pretty bad.

And for the millionth time, it's about the placement.......not the score!

Crossmen had their own caption head still there, brought in Jamie Oakley, but not for long.

His last days with the corps was about a week before San Antonio.

Their style is definitely like Mike Sloan who is the caption head and Randi Miles, the co-caption head.....

I don't see Jamie in their show at all.

---------------------------------

I say it every year and I am right every year, the BCGC always bites the big one towards the

end of the season. They stall out and crash. This isn't anything new.

That being said, this years crash was pretty bad.

And for the millionth time, it's about the placement.......not the score!

bites the big one towards the end of the season? did you see last year's colorguard on finals night? i dont have a background in guard (i assume you do based on your username) but i can tell clean/demanding when i see it, and their work was both. do you think they deserved to score where they did?

bites the big one towards the end of the season? did you see last year's colorguard on finals night? i dont have a background in guard (i assume you do based on your username) but i can tell clean/demanding when i see it, and their work was both. do you think they deserved to score where they did?

Go back and look at the scores for their guard and you will see how it always stalls out or goes down for the last couple of years before finals. I'm not

crazy. For some reason Bluecoats and demanding work hasn't crossed my mind since 2004. They have a lot of young kids on that guard, not a lot of

vets from what I am hearing, and it shows.

But since it is about placement, I think they should have scored only one placement up at 11th and BK at 12th.

In a very competitive year for color guard I think Debbie Torchia got it right. Yeah, I went there.

(And by 'bites the big one' i mean the score, not the performance or having a bad show)

Edited by Musical_Spinner

Go back and look at the scores for their guard and you will see how it always stalls out or goes down for the last couple of years before finals. I'm not

crazy.

i'm certainly aware of that, that wasn't what i was questioning at all.

guess i misinterpreted your original statement....never mind, then.