The VK Shark

Seeing Mike getting into the shark suit would be funny. Seeing him trying to get back out would be hysterical!

Garry in Vegas

Velcro. Lots and lots of velcro.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, bring it with you to the January DCI Annual Meeting in Orlando and we'll try it on for laughs.

Any chance it could devour Hoppy while it's down there? :thumbup:

Seeing Mike getting into the shark suit would be funny. Seeing him trying to get back out would be hysterical!

Garry in Vegas

I think there'd be one hell of a tailor's bill to repair all that damage :thumbup:

Any chance it could devour Hoppy while it's down there? :thumbup:

Do they make Maalox for sharks? I can't imagine the indigestion that devouring Hoppy would cause.

Garry in Vegas

It goes WAY back before that... at least in corps jokes. Back in the SNL days of the landshark (remember Chevy Chase?). So you're talking about the late 70's. We didn't have a show with a shark until the 80's.

SNL Landshark Skit

When did the Full Shark show up on the field? I only remember the Fin back in 84'.. Big D. fill me in Broski..

When did the Full Shark show up on the field? I only remember the Fin back in 84'.. Big D. fill me in Broski..

And please add the story how the corps just happened to be staying at a school that had the shark sitting in the band room, left over from the band's previous marching band show, and how the staff (after inquiring about the band's future plans for the shark) was offered the prop if they would just get it the heck out of the room.

I know it was only a fin "hooked" up to the trashpickers...uh, backfield DMs at first. Someone from the late '80's would have the correct answer. 1992 may have been the first (and only?) full shark stunt.

Another reason to go back and watch those later years. Will have to do some research.

Let's start here:

ls-copy2.jpg

And please add the story how the corps just happened to be staying at a school that had the shark sitting in the band room, left over from the band's previous marching band show, and how the staff (after inquiring about the band's future plans for the shark) was offered the prop if they would just get it the heck out of the room.

:). so the B'men Pit crew swiped a Shark Fin that was given away that year.... Yeah i know they gave it back when the storms rolled in after retreat in Rockford. but boy that was funny to watch. Who knew vibe players where as whacked out as us hornline members..

:). so the B'men Pit crew swiped a Shark Fin that was given away that year.... Yeah i know they gave it back when the storms rolled in after retreat in Rockford. but boy that was funny to watch. Who knew vibe players where as whacked out as us hornline members..

Now THAT story is legendary, and unknown to even me!

I think I just found something that even I can do during the 2009 show. I wonder what GeorgieL would say?!!! :tongue: