The VK Shark

No one has ever heard me claim that I was happy with the marching that season.

Tough one for sure, especially for me...popped kneecap, mega painkillers and the Dueling Banjos..er Eldar Twins!!! mad.gifmad.gif

Also very bittersweet was the drop from 9th place in Allentown to 11th at finals. :thumbup:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why yes, dear. And that is YOUR old section, the colorguard, making it *happen* :thumbup:

icon_lol-2.gif

These are screen shots from 1990.

Shark1.jpg

Shark2.jpg

Edited by VKMello84

These are screen shots from 1992.

Shark3.jpg

Shark4.jpg

Shark5.jpg

Shark6.jpg

Shark7.jpg

Edited by VKMello84

OK, I added the years to all of the posts with picture I had posted.

Why yes, dear. And that is YOUR old section, the colorguard, making it *happen* :lol:

::lol::

Shoulda, coulda, but didn't stick stick around... must've been one of the few rookies making it look like a floppy.

Or was that McCool's joke?

::lol::

Shoulda, coulda, but didn't stick stick around... must've been one of the few rookies making it look like a floppy.

Or was that McCool's joke?

We all know the story...but still, you marched guard, that is "your" section, your floopies. :lol:

Heck, look at the current VK contraline! I am proud to be an AuldVKContra!!! The boys carry on the tradition great!!! :doh:

MUDSHARK !!!!!

That's how I remember gregory and mike explain it to us in the drum line.

Also a line from a Zappa song.

Not just a line, it's a song title from the album Fillmore East. I'll let you do the reaseach as far as the meaning of the song.

I've got all of Mickey's old Zappa albums. When I convert them to mp3 i'll have to give them back. He sold them all to me for $30. Not a bad rental price for 27 years.

Garry in Vegas

If you look closely to the '84 Atlanta picture, you can see red velcro on top of the contras. This held the shark fins that we put onto the CBs during drum solo. There was also a shark teeth cover, which looked menacing unless you turned it upside down. It then made a smiley face shark. Guess which contra goofed that up at finals in '84.

Steve McLaren?? :lol:

Not just a line, it's a song title from the album Fillmore East. I'll let you do the reaseach as far as the meaning of the song.

I've got all of Mickey's old Zappa albums. When I convert them to mp3 i'll have to give them back. He sold them all to me for $30. Not a bad rental price for 27 years.

Garry in Vegas

Hey Garry, funny thing is I have become very good friends with Ray White and he enjoys talking about Frank as much as I enjoy listing . He spent time with Zappa and is now on tour singing for "the Dweez" on the Zappa does Zappa tour, if it comes to town you need to check it out. Dweez plays just like his daddy. So thanks to you and McCool ( UNBE10, inside joke for those that know mickey) for turning me on to frank way back in the 1900's

BROKEN HEARTS ARE FOR A@@HOL@@