• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

sitting here reading this...

And listening to past cavies shows...

contemplating auditioning for Phantom....

And trying to create some horn visuals for my school's band.

Anyone have some tips for carnival-esque horn moves?

Making my Labor day plans and making my plans to attend finals next year.

Mark my words, I WILL NOT MISS ANOTHER FINALS LIVE.

Same.

Writing drill as well.

Just got back from practicing with my son. He was going to march snare with HYPE, but they folded, so he's sliding in with me at Optimists to play tenor.

In one week he's got most of the show down, which will not mean much until he plays it in ensemble with the brass. We ran through the whole show and he only broke down three or four times.

Now, I'm home and thinking about how good it would be to be at finals. Gonna watch a movie for a bit then check in for the scores, sleep, and then go to practice tomorrow.

Regards,

John

Going for a walk with the iPod and catching up on the week's field pass podcasts.

Just got back from practicing with my son. He was going to march snare with HYPE, but they folded, so he's sliding in with me at Optimists to play tenor.

In one week he's got most of the show down, which will not mean much until he plays it in ensemble with the brass. We ran through the whole show and he only broke down three or four times.

Now, I'm home and thinking about how good it would be to be at finals. Gonna watch a movie for a bit then check in for the scores, sleep, and then go to practice tomorrow.

Regards,

John

Uh oh,,,,,another Steve Campbell in the works?? :thumbup:

"Stuck" here in Aspen for the Aspen Music Festival. Yesterday AM, sat in on a dress rehearsal of one of the festival's five (!) orchestras playing Bartok, Debussy, and Tchaikovsky. This morning, watched my partner perform a scene from Eugene Onegin on the stage of the Wheeler Opera House. Tonight, the American String Quartet playing Schubert and Bruckner. Tomorrow, Jane Eaglen performs the Four Last Songs of Richard Strauss with orchestra, then a voice master class with Metropolitan Opera featured tenor Anthony Dean Griffey, then a dress rehearsal of Massenet's opera Cendrillion. ...I guess I'll live.

Edited by Willie85

Getting the drum corps fix by checking DCP from time to time.

And the non-drum corps fix by watching the Olympics tonight.

Fran

Is there a live feed somewhere?