VOTE: Did the behavior of Blue Devils at Retreat reduce your respect f

Blue Devils at Retreat  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Did the behavior of Blue Devils at Retreat reduce your respect for them?

• Yes
    • No
    • I've never respected Blue Devils
    • People are just jealous of BD and thier history of success

BD was one of my favorite corps up until I marched my first show with them and lined up next to them at retreat. I couldn't believe how rude and awful some of their members were at retreat. And this was just at a random show in Pennsylvania. It was really disappointing and I know that I can't label a whole corps based on the actions of a few, but I know that if any of our members had acted in that manner our section leaders would have put an end to it pretty quickly. I wouldn't label them as having no class, but they sure don't treat retreat with the respect that many other corps do.

Having dealt with alot of corps members during the ast few years at shows, I've learned that some corps members are respectful and polite. Some aren't. And while its not entirely fair to judge an entire organization by the actions of a few of its members, its sometimes hard not to.

What a bunch of nonsense. The kids I talked to, and even some of their staff and volunteers lasnt night had nothing but praise and respect for Phantom Regiment and their much deserved win. Sure, a dozen or so people arent the majority, but thats my experience so far this past week, gracious kids happy to be in contention.

Geoffrey