Now That 08 is Over...

-looks around- My list is rather...recent. .__.

Phantom:

1996: The opener is what makes this show...so dark, so emotional, so passionate. I find myself punching things along to the music whenever I listen to it. :cool:

2003: Maybe as emotional as 08...if the canon hits don't get you, I don't know what will.

2005: Personal favorite show...If phantom decided to do another jazz show, I wouldn't mind in the least. :cool:

2006: Two words: Ave maria. This show is what got me into drum corps, and I will love it forever.

2008: Obvious reasons.

Blue Devils:

1994: The screaming trumpets and passion in this show makes this show a latin-jazz lover's dream.

The Cadets:

2000: I'll repeat what someone said around here once, If someone asked me what drumcorps was, I would show them this show (or phantom 06/08) Awesome drum solo.

2005: One of my friends once described this show as "The most effed up, amazing, crazy, out of there show ever". Can't say I disagree.

That's really all I can think of, call me uneducated if you like. :withstupid:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's my list:

bd - 2000, a really sweet rendition of hitchcock classics

2003, you gotta love the bluessssss : )

cadets - 1987, all i can say is EPIC :cool: (especially that dissolving company front)

2000, wow, just wow and i especially enjoy the finale

cavies - 2000-2006 need i say more?

1995, tri-pl-et two three four-and-five

phantom - 2004-2006, 1989, and my fav 2003 (canon in FREAKIN' AWESOME :cool: :cool: :withstupid: :withstupid: :smile: )

scv - 1999 (who knew that Barber could sound so amazing in a drum corps show)

2004, really neat show, especially the ending

2007, EUREKA!

btw, first post, long time reader, finally decided to start contributing (and hopefully they will be NICE contributions :smile: )

screw watching, you need to LISTEN to the 75 muchachos. their la fiesta is the hottest anything ever.

According to DCI download data and some of the "Countdown' votes, it is, however, the most popular. . .along with 1989 being the best selling Legacy DVD year.

I didn't even think it was the best show that season.

BRIDGEMEN 1980 - what could easily be lost when you watch all the antics of this corps during the opening 'circus' production is that these guys could f-n play! What a hornline. It is this show that got me hooked on drum corps! A soprano line with tons of range, baritones that played incredible runs (with 2 vales!), and one of the best drum lines in drum corps history, this show is non-stop fun. best moment for me is the end of 'In the Stone': the hornline simply blows your face of, with such clarity - and high notes from the sopranos.....one of my favorite shows to listen to. awesome!

This show arguably cold have won the DCI title that year with a slightly better marching performance on finals night! If that would have happened, it would have been MAYHEM (in a good say) in Birmingham that night!!

:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Glassmen 01 :tongue:

I am suprised that 99 Madison Scouts isn't getting some love on here. That was a great show. Possibly the best 6th place of all time.

I would highly reccomend 1992 Blue Devils- I think that show is possible one of the most entertaining I have ever seen. and while you are at it, 2003 Blue Devils too.

I would suggest you watch shows from the 70's too- corps seemed to have an energy about the performance... almost an attitude of 'I'm going to MAKE this #### crowd enjoy this' that lacks today, partyly from the complexity of today's shows, and partly because of a shift in the teaching paradeigm of corps.

1980 27th Lancers and Blue Devils

1974 and 1987 SCV

2000 Cadets

Boston 1977/78 2000.2008

Cadets 2005 - The design of this show was absolutely mind blowing

Boston 2000 - Something for everyone in this show.

SCV 2007

Cadets 2000

Cavaliers 2006 - probably their most "fun" show, very entertaining.

1995 Cadets - this show is fun to break out every now and then....guard tends to be uber cheesey

BD 2000