Colts 08 ... Better than Madison?

Quarters was the only time all season Madison beat Xmen in guard. The other four times they went head to head Crossmen beat them by .6, .7, .9, and 1.3... in guard. That's not overall score, just guard score.

There seems to be this notion that it's impossible for one group, who was trailing another group for much of the season, to catch up and eventually overtake them. Geez, if that were the case, then why even bother having contests? Let's just start with the first show's scores, bump them all up by the same percentage and call it a season.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madison beat Crossmen in guard head to head Thursday at Quarters

Madison was also at a higher guard score the week into finals

And if you think the scores on Friday were on trac..... WRONG~~

The other four times they went head to head Crossmen beat them by .6, .7, .9, and 1.3... in guard. That's not overall score, just guard score.

Also crossmen beat madison in overall music in quarters. If that would have stayed Crossmen would have made finals.

It was close. congrats to the scouts.

But colts have not passed either corps in quite a while.

shows were very close.

Crossmen had better guard , drill, quality of sound.

Madison had good drill very very poor guard. Good GE music

Colts had entertaining show but drill lacked very old school brass over blowing bad quality.

My scores

Crossmen 86.2

Madison. 85.6

Colts. 85.0

Your Scores? LOL

Bust size. that is funny. Did you see some of Madisons "bust size" this year. My kid wanted to know when they let women in the corps.... really....

LOL :tongue::smile:

When I saw them at Allentown all I could think of was " The Seinfeld Manzier " episode :smile:

Also no knock personally on the Colts guard members, but the sequin arm sock and the swirl shirt was what I meant by the Elizabeth Taylor look ( relevance to topic )

I'll just make this short and sweet. After following the progress of the summer I came to love the Colts "Night and Day" show (this wasn't my favorite show of the summer but it was up there) and I feel as though DCI chose the wrong corps to perform on Saturday. The Scouts show wasn't nearly as entertaining or as powerful as the Colts show. I know there is another topic out there about corps that got cheated and this might belong there but I don't understand how a corps that got 3 standing ovations during semifinals wasn't a part of the top 12 this summer.

If you feel like I do put it here so those kids who put on the Colts uniforms know the drum corps community feels strongly about there show.

Or if you I am wrong maybe someone could explain to me the error in my judgement.

It's hard to make finals, when you have a section (drumline, hornline) placing in the 15s. Good show, but it needed some for meat to play with the big boys on a Saturday night!

Point of reference.

When you mention that a show needs more "meat " or a drill needs more demand or complexity , I would undertsand your points better if you pointed out where.

Are you talking programming choices ?

Are you talking about the final product?

And if it is the final product ... Where in the final product would you have increased these things and why ?

I hope the Colts continue in the musical direction they took this year. Great charts, great melodies! They just need a little more maturity in tone quality and dynamic range and they'll be smokin'!

I am a parent of a Madison Scout, so naturally I was glad the Scouts came in 12th. Personally, I believe that the Colts improved greatly and should have jumped over the Crossmen in the semifinals. I liked the Colts show, but am not certain that it was a top 12 show. That's my opinion. I think the Colts should have more movement while playing. Too much standing while playing. The Scouts' entire show was marched at 180-200 beats per minute, with almost no standing still. I would also get rid of the baton twirler -- too marching band for me. But, I thought the Colts had a great show.

On a side-bar, I thought the Colts show was more deserving of finals that Blue Knights, but that is my opinion again. I didn't like BK's show at all. Other than that, I thought that all the top 12 shows were well done.

I feel for the Colts and know that they worked very hard. It is unfortunate that anyone has to sit out on Saturday night.

LOL :tongue::smile:

When I saw them at Allentown all I could think of was " The Seinfeld Manzier " episode :smile:

Also no knock personally on the Colts guard members, but the sequin arm sock and the swirl shirt was what I meant by the Elizabeth Taylor look ( relevance to topic )

You do realize that the people you are making fun of could be reading this garbage, right? The fat jokes about anyone in DCI corps needs to stop, it is not helpful and reflects on you in a very negative way. The Scouts color guard improved throughout the year, and while they may have not been the most dynamic guard Madison has ever had, they worked their tails off, and became a part of the reason why the Scouts made finals. :end rant: