CROSSMEN great season in 08

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have loved the Crossmen since my first exposure to corps - the same year I started marching - 25 years ago. (Oy!!!)

I was a bit freaked when the move to San Antonio was announced for two reasons:

1. I was worried about Revolution. As Texas' only active "home grown" junior corps I was thrilled they have been able to hang in there. I'll be honest that I'm still worried about this because I know the history of junior corps in Texas has been rocky (at best) for both start-ups and transplants. That leads me to the next point...

2. Transplanting a corps here was risky. We know how it worked out for Hutch, and while that situation and Crossmen's situation were not the same, I couldn't help but worry.

For now, I'm ecstatic to have both of these junior corps right in my back yard. Texas has plenty of talent to share with both of these corps plus any other corps out there.

To the Crossmen: Great job this year!

The Crossmen's move to Texas was extremely well planned and executed. Different times, different place, different environment than SkyRyders may have encountered.

The 2008 members are proud of their accomplishments and their corps. These individuals are the ambassadors of the corps and have already begun to sell the positive experience to others.

The Crossmen Alumni have supported the move to Texas, it may not be exactly what they wanted, but it was better than the corps continuing with YEA or no longer exsisting. This support from the Alumni is very instrumental to the continued success of the corps.

Crossmen leadership have experience with successful marching programs, and are positive forces behind the organization.

These factors listed above will help the corps continue to thrive and grow.

Edited by heyjude1202

Yes, If the rumor I heard is true I believe it would take the program to the next level without a doubt. Also, I expect a large % of this years members are planning on returning. This would add a lot of stability to a program that IMHO is going to make a big statement in 09. The Texas admin team has caught on very quickly on how to play the game.

Yes, If the rumor I heard is true I believe it would take the program to the next level without a doubt. Also, I expect a large % of this years members are planning on returning. This would add a lot of stability to a program that IMHO is going to make a big statement in 09. The Texas admin team has caught on very quickly on how to play the game.

now letting that out so early wouldn't be fun would it.

lol....

2007 = 81.60 16th place

2008 = 85.95 13th place

great things coming up for CROSSMEN in 2009.

get on board.

congrats to Phantom on the championship

also

Blue stars and Madison for returning to DCI finals.

CHEZ

Edited by thechezman

You teases stink. :tongue:

now letting that out so early wouldn't be fun would it.

lol....

2007 = 81.60 16th place

2008 = 85.95 13th place

great things coming up for CROSSMEN in 2009.

get on board.

congrats to Phantom on the championship

also

Blue stars and Madison for returning to DCI finals.

CHEZ

There's the hint: you're doing a TRAIN show! I knew it! (jk!!! :tongue: )

Bringing this thread back to the top because I want to outweigh the negative thread out there.

Please help me keep this postive thread on the top.

Edited by xbones7480

Bringing this thread back to the top because I want to outweigh the negative thread out there.

Please help me keep this postive thread on the top.

Right On Xmen!!!

The streaming broadcast from the Lincoln Center was a proud moment for the whole activity, and you represented with amazing professionalism.

A very classy organization with BIG things comin' round the bend.

Kennedy Center in Washington DC.