Astounding story about PR drummer on Sunday

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I would love to have a DVD that includes the guest alumni corps who performed at DCI over the past couple of decades...

1. 27th

2. Mighty St. Joes

3. Madison

4. Kingsmen

5. Cavaliers

6. Bridgemen (Allentown)

7. Santa Clara Vanguard (that loooong bottle dance line)

I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Great job, btw, Boo! Goosebumps when the corps turned and played "Over the Rainbow" for the current members in the endzone stands.

MAV

:rock:

No offense intended, but didn't y'all forget RA ?

Their 2002 reunion corps was pretty good.

Just MHO!!

Pat

:rock:

No offense intended, but didn't y'all forget RA ?

Their 2002 reunion corps was pretty good.

Just MHO!!

Pat

Thanks Pat. I'm glad someone remembered.

The problem with cheese is as one's love for it grows, the cheese itself shrinks.

Although a block of Swiss would give quite a few options..... :rock:

I got autographs from a few ranking members of PR at the Stanford show. The kids seemed so honored and humbled my me asking them for an autograph, as if they werent anyone special.....i wonder how they feel about signing autographs after last weekend:-P

That story sounds 100% made up.

You sound 100% like a certain feminine hygiene product.

It's a small world after all...

It's a small world after all...

It's a small world after...

MENE MENE TEKEL UPHARSIN!!!!

That made me laugh out loud for a long time! Thanks, I needed that! :rock:

That story sounds 100% made up.

Here's the post in a Cavalier alumni forum:

I am blown away by all that has happened this week. Everyone and everything. As I went through the Indy airport to go home, a guy in a Phantom Jacket asked my wife if I was a drummer after seeing my drumcase. She told him that I was a member of the Cavalier reunion drumline and he flipped out. He said to me, you guys rule the world, and I would like you to have my National Champion drumsticks from the show! I was speechless. ME, speechless! I stood there and took in the moment. The look of awe in his eyes and the smile on his face for what we had accomplished, and he just got through winning a national drum title. I was overwhelmed with emotion, and said, "This is an awesome honor, and I will cheerish these sticks and your comments and tell my green brothers what you had to say about our reunion drumline. Thank you a million times over." I just wanted to share that tidbit with the rest of the line. I know we all play for ourselves and our brothers, but his gesture was awesome. I spent the next several hours drumming with several snares from the Phantom drumline and their drum instructor, who marched with Hulka in the Cavaliers. What a treat!! I was not able to find any of the Cavalier drummers, but took time to meet all of the horn players and guard members in thier jackets at the airport and told them what an awesome job they did. Sploooooooooooooooie!