Cadets announce resignations of Aungst and Larrivee

Those are some huge shoes to fill....I just can't think of the cadets without thinking of Aungst.

Well, if McNutt gets the job I guess you would still have a direct lineage to Hannum. It shouldn't be much of an adjustment I bet. I wonder if Colin was brought on board in anticipation that this may be happening in the near future.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil's main work use to be with King Phillip H.S. I don't know if he's still there though.

You guys have to pay more attention to pit arrangers, because that is where the drum title is usally won or lost. People argue about BD's win last year, but it was Wunderlich's terrific arranging and pit that put them over the top. Bluecoats emergence in drum scores is not only McIntosh's doing but the great new writing talent of Tom Rarick. Cavies defnitely got better this year with Erick Johnson back doing the pit arranging. Not that Ancona is chop liver, but Johnson's style just seems to fit them well.

I couldn't agree with you more on this. But Man...Neil's books IMHO have been some of the best if not the best , muscially, unique books played on field for years now. :worthy::lol:

Edited by Zeke

They brought colin in last year to replace tom, as far as I knew. He was on the road all of 07 and 08, and pretty much ran the show (i think tom aungst wrote the book). That should be a minor change. As far as Neil, im pretty sure it was a similar deal, although i dont know who's taking over (and really...who knows anything about the pit guys)...

I wonder if Colin was brought on board in anticipation that this may be happening in the near future.

That's what I heard through the grapevine back in the 2006/2007 off season.

thank you both for some of the most incedible stuff i have ever seen on the field. you will be missed

Those are some huge shoes to fill....I just can't think of the cadets without thinking of Aungst.

My thoughts exactly. I mean, the brass staff has been changed quite a few times, but the drum staff is like sugar to frosted flakes.

I definitely will miss both those guys. I don't know too much about drums or the pit, but that was my favorite section of the corps. Just something about those rimshots.......

Cadets will be fine though. I have faith in them.

Colin McNutt and Ian Moyer will fill the shoes...period. If it isn't those two then why were they added to the already established staff in the first place.

The Cadets are in good hands.

Exactly. I'd hope they leave the writting to these two as well. Listen to Gmen 01 to get a taste of what Colin can do. Listen to Madison 05 to hear what Iain can do.

Is Neil still with Vic Firth? When I was marching, he was the guy in charge of marching percussion for them.

Exactly. I'd hope they leave the writting to these two as well. Listen to Gmen 01 to get a taste of what Colin can do. Listen to Madison 05 to hear what Iain can do.

Is Neil still with Vic Firth? When I was marching, he was the guy in charge of marching percussion for them.

Neil WORKS for Vic Firth. He's actually been there for almost 20 years.