In light of the retreat discussion

The lack of class at retreat has no defendable excuse. Clearly is a reflection of the staff and administration as to what goes on during tour behind the scenes with the members. None of the corps I marched or taught with would have ever done anything like what went on at retreat. Makes me sick.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, it really looks as though that dude passed out.

Seems to me that if he passed out, he wouldn't have held onto his horn and his aussie probably would have come off or been dislodged in some way as he hit the ground (don't people generally fall forward when they pass out?). And George wouldn't have been able to have a conversation with him. More likely, he would have been signaling for paramedics to come help the kid out. I would like to think his fellow Cavalier members would have done the same. I don't recall any paramedics coming onto the scene. Just sayin.....

Wow, it really looks as though that dude passed out.

Except people generally fall backwards when they pass out, not forward and to the left two feet from where they were.

guys, i would bet money that tekk was being sarcastic again.

You would have won that bet.

I need to learn to specify that.

Ken,

Thanks for posting this. I didn't even realize this was on their website. I'm just glad I'm not the one who posted it here. There's a reason I say that. I think I can proudly say that I once again bleed bloo. Thanks Dave for taking care of this, I knew you would. Also, thank you to the person who sent me the email earlier in the week.

Aside from the "may haves", that's a pretty good letter from Mr. Glasgow.

Just thought i'd say this. My one of my instructors who marched cavaliers and I were talking last night and I asked him about the Cavalier that had fallen into the cadets block. He wasn't fake feinting or anything...He had locked his legs and passed out. Hope that helps so now we can stop all the hating.

Shenanigans has been declared!

Barbrady.jpg

Just thought i'd say this. My one of my instructors who marched cavaliers and I were talking last night and I asked him about the Cavalier that had fallen into the cadets block. He wasn't fake feinting or anything...He had locked his legs and passed out. Hope that helps so now we can stop all the hating.

So let me get this straight...this guy marches with the Cavaliers, spends an ENTIRE summer (or more) standing at attention, and suddenly doesn't know how to control his body enough to NOT lock his knees? OH PLEASE!

no, people just need to be smarter.

i mean, it's not like we already had a discussion about your position on this issue and your use of sarcasm or anything, right?

Truthishly.