Scores Tonight?

Where will I be? At my daughter's parents' weekend at Prescott College in Prescott Arizona. Sometimes I think I'm jinxed.

Sorry for going OT...

Ray, Michelle Monturo (RxMichelle) lives near Phoenix AZ, should I tell her your coming out the AZ?... LOL

;-)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just starting the parade here

Thank You "Empire Statesmen" !!!!

I think the Crowd reaction to your show say's it all. More than I or the Judges could ever do.

I came to that show rooting for the Hurks and Cabs. Came away a E. S. Fan.

The Buc's were great. But you had the people!

("The Fans in the Stands")

Edited by OldStyleCorps

I hear ya. Statesmen really turned it up a few notches since my first viewing of them at the Clifton show.

Honestly, it's tough not to get choked up at the end of their show, seeing that portrait of Vince Bruni..... thinking about how great a man he was, and how much he meant not only to the Statesmen, but to the drum corps activity as a whole.

Fran

Vince was a real showman and Drum Corps Giant:

This years Statesmmen are: PORKCHOPS

Be safe and have a great year.

Airline nightmare - falling asleep on take-off - waking up in "Rochester 4 hours later - Minnesota. No flights out due to mosquitoes over the field, fouling up the radar (they're about the size of a 757 up there.)

:sad:

C'mon Ray - It's been a drought summer in most of Minne..Rochester's "state bird" specimens are only the size of Cessna's or Cirruses (gotta give props to the locals)..The aircraft have no problem dodging them...well, most of them..you can't have everything! :drool:

Pat

:sad:

C'mon Ray - It's been a drought summer in most of Minne..Rochester's "state bird" specimens are only the size of Cessna's or Cirruses (gotta give props to the locals)..The aircraft have no problem dodging them...well, most of them..you can't have everything! :drool:

Pat

Pat,

I see you know of which I speak. We would gladly ease your drought by returning some of the 6,000 inches of rain that skipped you on the way to Boston this summer, but can't figure out how to get it there.

Still, I remember the sound of those mosquitoes coming as it grew dark on tour back in the day. Made me think of F-4s taking off two at a time (on afterburner) at Da Nang, only louder, and scarier.

I hear ya. Statesmen really turned it up a few notches since my first viewing of them at the Clifton show.

Honestly, it's tough not to get choked up at the end of their show, seeing that portrait of Vince Bruni..... thinking about how great a man he was, and how much he meant not only to the Statesmen, but to the drum corps activity as a whole.

Fran

Fran;

I was going to come down and talk with you. But, you were SO Busy. I was in the front row just to left of the place you were. (as you face the stands. Sitting on my scooter/wheelchair.) You did a GREAT JOB.

It (the E.S. show) was such a Great Combo of Old and New. Done with such Excellance. One of the Best shows I have seen in YEARS. Cab's also had a GREAT night. Loved their show also. Hurricanes were a bit off. Maybe going on first took it's toll on them. But, those Buc's are hard to beat. (just not my style though)

Edited by OldStyleCorps

Pat,

I see you know of which I speak. We would gladly ease your drought by returning some of the 6,000 inches of rain that skipped you on the way to Boston this summer, but can't figure out how to get it there.

Still, I remember the sound of those mosquitoes coming as it grew dark on tour back in the day. Made me think of F-4s taking off two at a time (on afterburner) at Da Nang, only louder, and scarier.

:drool:

Actually Ray, those are ' up nort dere' where they take a back seat to the deerflies and horseflies..they REALLY bite (no pun intended)

I never got to RVN..but being stationed next door to McChord AFB in Washington, F-4's and everything else buzzed us a lot...almost as bad as Hueys, Cobras and Chinooks overhead 24/7..(I lived about 1/2 mile from the airfield at Ft. Lewis, WA)

I haven't had to use Deet this summer... :sad: But there's plenty of time for heat and humidity..I live about 2 miles from one of the largest mosquito havens in the Metro area here..right next to MSP.. :sad:

Back on topic....With what MBI got yesterday, it'll make things really interesting in Rachacha..Most of us very surprised with the Sunday scores being higher than Saturday's scores..especially after a shindig at Patrick's in Petertown after the show...

Can't wait to plop my buns down to watch EVERYBODY !! gonna be somethin' !!!

Pat

Last night at the South St. Paul show MBI scored a 91.013.

I think the Crowd reaction to your show say's it all. More than I or the Judges could ever do.

I came to that show rooting for the Hurks and Cabs. Came away a E. S. Fan.

The Buc's were great. But you had the people!

("The Fans in the Stands")

Thank you for your kinds words. We are having a fantastic season and the Corps is just enjoying each week as they come. The "Fans in the Stands" is what Vince Bruni cared most about. That is why the Empire Statesmen were born!! Glad you enjoyed the show.