PRWG out for 2009

MHSmirage

From regiment.org:

Aug. 17, 2008

Winter guard goes inactive

Phantom Regiment Winter Guard will not be taking the competition floor this winter. The Regiment winter guard was based out of Atlanta, Ga., and under the direction of Adam Sage.

Phantom Regiment is in the process of hiring a new guard caption head and, instead of rushing into the winter guard season which typically has auditions at the beginning of September, the organization has decided it will not field a winter guard in 2009.

"Having a winter guard these past two years was beneficial to the organization, and we look forward to possibly bringing out the winter guard again in the future," said Phantom Regiment executive director Rick Valenzuela.

PRWG placed seventh in the independent world class division in 2007, its first year of competition after a 24-year hiatus, and 10th in 2008. PRWG was world champion in 1979 and 1980.

The Phantom Regiment is a youth organization dedicated to the development of self-esteem and self-reliance. It encourages team work, sportsmanship, civic pride and contributions of one's personal best to a group effort. These lessons are learned through a musical and marching activity in which there is a blending of the arts and athletics.

For more information about Phantom Regiment, go to www.regiment.org.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From regiment.org:

Aug. 17, 2008

Winter guard goes inactive

Phantom Regiment Winter Guard will not be taking the competition floor this winter. The Regiment winter guard was based out of Atlanta, Ga., and under the direction of Adam Sage.

Phantom Regiment is in the process of hiring a new guard caption head and, instead of rushing into the winter guard season which typically has auditions at the beginning of September, the organization has decided it will not field a winter guard in 2009.

"Having a winter guard these past two years was beneficial to the organization, and we look forward to possibly bringing out the winter guard again in the future," said Phantom Regiment executive director Rick Valenzuela.

PRWG placed seventh in the independent world class division in 2007, its first year of competition after a 24-year hiatus, and 10th in 2008. PRWG was world champion in 1979 and 1980.

The Phantom Regiment is a youth organization dedicated to the development of self-esteem and self-reliance. It encourages team work, sportsmanship, civic pride and contributions of one's personal best to a group effort. These lessons are learned through a musical and marching activity in which there is a blending of the arts and athletics.

For more information about Phantom Regiment, go to www.regiment.org.

i am soooooooooooooooooo sad!

a mentsh tracht und adam lacht,oi gevald!sage can have such a short shelf-life!

my sources say adam may join the meshugoyim at the cadets! :drool:

Edited by dugg

I suppose it will be good for his HS groups....he can focus more on them. However, fingers are crossed for a return of "The Company". Wishfull thinking :)

As for the Cadets, I could see it.

PR, who can take the helm? My tech was planning on marching there just to spin under Sage....now he doesn't know what to do. Spin with the corps that he loves or follow the Caption?

Doesn't fielding a WGI guard take away from practice time with the corps in the Winter and Spring? I know that the SCV guard doesn't join the corps until April and I feel it's not a good thing. Back in the day, SCV would only perform in exhibition so that they could attend camps with the rest of the corps.

I think Rick knows what he is doing. It will create an even stronger guard for the summer season. IHMO! :drool:

No. Believe most drum corps have one maybe two auditions in the late fall/early winter then do not go again til after WGI finals.

Yes, this is how it goes. Camps in Nov/Dec, then you usually don't meet up again until April. Most of the kids that march DCI do indoor guard. Instead of meeting once a month, the guard spends every weekend competing. Hows that for a tradeoff? :drool:

Sounds like there is bad blood between PR and Adam Sage, so why not have a guard with a new name? He has already announced his staff for 2009. He already has members from the past two years and he is sure to get new ones that want to be in his guard. I bet he has arrangements for practice space as well. I would do the show I was going to do with PR with the same people that would have been in PR and give them a new name.

to everything turn,turn,turn........

i j'adore adam sage's vision,artistry and talent however it's well known that he can be an enfant terrible of the grandest proportion :lol: and as with most artists they can at times be misunderstood,badly behaved,cruel and precocious. :thumbup:

i know that wherever this meshegas little pisher ends up we'll all be watching and waiting in anticipation,eager to witness his creativity,beauty and style.best wishes on the borsht circuit! :w00t:

has a replacement been found?

who are the canidates for this position and who would be a good fit?

Edited by dugg