PRWG out for 2009

MHSmirage

to everything turn,turn,turn........

i j'adore adam sage's vision,artistry and talent however it's well known that he can be an enfant terrible of the grandest proportion :lol: and as with most artists they can at times be misunderstood,badly behaved,cruel and precocious. :thumbup:

i know that wherever this meshegas little pisher ends up we'll all be watching and waiting in anticipation,eager to witness his creativity,beauty and style.best wishes on the borsht circuit! :w00t:

has a replacement been found?

who are the canidates for this position and who would be a good fit?

What a gentleman you are ..hehehehe I guess thats a good way of putting it....lmao

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

........after sniffing potpouri & mixing a little dayquil with nyquil :lol: i had a preternatural vision in which michael gaines,greg lagola and the staff on hiatus from pride[keith potter & rosie miller] collectively decided to go forward with the winter guard program at phantom regiment! :w00t:

.....can't type........,coming down........ :thumbup:

Edited by dugg

after sniffing potpouri & mixing dayquil with nyquil i had a waking vision in which michael gaines,greg lagola and the staff on hiatus from pride[keith potter & rosie miller] collectively decided to go forward with the winter guard program at pantom regiment? :w00t:

Well slap me silly and move me to ATL! What a brilliant idea... Now, where did I put Greg's cell number? :thumbup:

world class winter guards are an expensive folly and although pure speculation on my part the decision to place the winter guard on hold may have been financially motivated. :thumbup:

As I understand it, the Regiment organization provided virtually no financial support to the winterguard. I think Adam wanted to do one and they were like "Whatever you want to do." With him gone, they probably don't have the desire to fool with it.

world class winter guards are an expensive folly and although pure speculation on my part the decision to place the winter guard on hold may have been financially motivated. :lol:

I suppose it will be good for his HS groups....he can focus more on them. However, fingers are crossed for a return of "The Company". Wishfull thinking :)

As for the Cadets, I could see it.

PR, who can take the helm? My tech was planning on marching there just to spin under Sage....now he doesn't know what to do. Spin with the corps that he loves or follow the Caption?

I would love to see The Company return! They were great!

Personally, I think people should march based on the corps, not the staff.

Doesn't fielding a WGI guard take away from practice time with the corps in the Winter and Spring? I know that the SCV guard doesn't join the corps until April and I feel it's not a good thing. Back in the day, SCV would only perform in exhibition so that they could attend camps with the rest of the corps.

I think Rick knows what he is doing. It will create an even stronger guard for the summer season. IHMO! :lol:

? Sarcasm?

Personally, I think people should march based on the corps, not the staff.

I agree - I'm always a bit weary of people who just follow staff to different corps - it should be about the corps - not the staff. When I went to Cavies - I had no idea who taught the guard - didn't care either.

Later,

Mike

? Sarcasm?

No, not at all. Rick did a great job with Regiment. I'm sorta out of touch with modern drum corps, so my opinions are probably out of touch.

Yes, this is how it goes. Camps in Nov/Dec, then you usually don't meet up again until April. Most of the kids that march DCI do indoor guard. Instead of meeting once a month, the guard spends every weekend competing. Hows that for a tradeoff?

Oh, OK. It's not a horrible tradeoff, as they are learning to work together and achieving a high quality of performance. They are practicing together, but unfortunately, they aren't practicing the corps' summer program. I think that a little sacrifice (a few less WGI shows) would benefit the corps in the summer time. I still think that it's too bad that they can't make camp in Jan.-Mar. Perhaps miss one weekend out of three to make camp?

Do all major corps have winter guards? Personally, I don't think it will hurt Phantom. Maybe they will begin rehearsing their summer program with the rest of the corps?

In my time, the SCV guard that wanted to march comp guard usually joined another organization. Back then, it was the Sunnyvale Royal Sabers, I believe. They did their shows with Sunnyvale, but Gail still expected them to be at every camp.

Times have changed though. Kids in corps are not from the local area any more, so a return to the "old days" (of rehearsing with the full corps during the winter) would probably be more painful for the kids that are marching, right?