PRWG out for 2009

MHSmirage

I did not get the sense that Angie was being judgmental, but rather very practical and pragmatic about her take on what a winter guard that's affiliated with a drum corps program should be doing for that program.

My interpretation of her post was that, if a winter guard attached to a drum corps is supposed to be a way of using competition to keep the guard program cohesive and strong through the winter months, then for Phantom Regiment (the unit that competed in WGI the past couple of years) that was not achieved for a number of reasons: the fact that many members were over DCI's age limit and so would not be able to continue marching that summer, the physical distance away from the corps, etc. It was like having a completely separate winter guard marching under the Phantom name, which is a very different thing from having a winter guard close in proximity to the corps and operating as an integral part of the corps program. If a winter guard isn't fulfilling that role, then what, really, is the purpose of that guard being attached to the corps at all?

For that reason, I can understand Angie's point about supporting Adam's decision to move on.

FYI, a lot of the kids that march or have marched in the summer guard did march in the winterguard. Had the winterguard been given time to develop, I'm sure there would be an increase in the current membership respective to those that march in the summer, but again the board unprofessionally ended that prospect.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"alot" and by "alot" you mean how many?

as for "time to develope".....last years show was titled "it takes time"!a hidden message perhaps?.............. :thumbup:

now we probably will never see another phantom regiment winter guard so from all of us old timers,thanks for the memories........ :music:

it's the times....there a changin...somethings blowin in the wind....... :music:

Your ignorance only mirrors that of the current board AND director of the corps hence the lack of professionalism in announcing his "letting go" which we all know now was ACTUALLY his decision to leave and NOT him getting fired. He resigned graciously.

Regarding resigning vs. getting fired, we may never know the truth of who made the first move there. I've heard different things from different people. One thing is for sure, both parties were ready to be rid of the other; it's just a question of whether he resigned before they could fire him, or the other way round. I thing we have a chicken or the egg question here.

Regarding resigning vs. getting fired, we may never know the truth of who made the first move there. I've heard different things from different people. One thing is for sure, both parties were ready to be rid of the other; it's just a question of whether he resigned before they could fire him, or the other way round. I thing we have a chicken or the egg question here.

I would think with the announcement of sage going to crown so fast, it seems as though that was in the works b4 dci! which would lead me to believe the chicken came first in this instance! :thumbup:

I thing we have a chicken or the egg question here.

well, i like my chicken fried and my eggs scrambled! :sad:

next question please! :sad:

I know the truth. He resigned. And Crown didn't start talking to him until the announcement was so elegantly posted on here by Mr. Newell.

Topic closed. We're not going to speculate on the behind the scenes goings on here.

We wish Carolina Crown, Phantom Regiment and Mr. Sage the best of luck in '09!