PRWG out for 2009

MHSmirage

No, not at all. Rick did a great job with Regiment. I'm sorta out of touch with modern drum corps, so my opinions are probably out of touch.

Oh, OK. It's not a horrible tradeoff, as they are learning to work together and achieving a high quality of performance. They are practicing together, but unfortunately, they aren't practicing the corps' summer program. I think that a little sacrifice (a few less WGI shows) would benefit the corps in the summer time. I still think that it's too bad that they can't make camp in Jan.-Mar. Perhaps miss one weekend out of three to make camp?

Do all major corps have winter guards? Personally, I don't think it will hurt Phantom. Maybe they will begin rehearsing their summer program with the rest of the corps?

In my time, the SCV guard that wanted to march comp guard usually joined another organization. Back then, it was the Sunnyvale Royal Sabers, I believe. They did their shows with Sunnyvale, but Gail still expected them to be at every camp.

Times have changed though. Kids in corps are not from the local area any more, so a return to the "old days" (of rehearsing with the full corps during the winter) would probably be more painful for the kids that are marching, right?

please tell me what summer corps guard program, learns anything of signifigance untill after wgi anyway, most guard camps, are srictly technique, audition routines and such. there is certainly no bad trade off with a winter program!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad as it is, I'm sure Adam will find a new place to work soon.

It would be great if he took over the Cadets and teamed up with April Gilligan and Greg Lagola - that would be one heck of a team!

From regiment.org:

Aug. 17, 2008

Winter guard goes inactive

Phantom Regiment Winter Guard will not be taking the competition floor this winter.

Phantom Regiment is in the process of hiring a new guard caption head

The Phantom Regiment is a youth organization dedicated to the development of self-esteem

oh yea,self esteem.......mmmmmmmmmmmm.....that must be the name of the new guard! :smile:

via wgi.org adam sage press release;his new independent world winter guard out of atlanta name to be announced!

Edited by dugg

oh yea,self esteem.......mmmmmmmmmmmm.....that must be the name of the new guard! :smile:

via wgi.org adam sage press release;his new independent world winter guard out of atlanta name to be announced!

Surely you're not suggesting that Adam got phired for not building kids' self esteem???? :smile:

phired

phired=phunny! :smile:

Drama Drama Drama. I can't believe how publicly this is all playing out. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to still see Sage with an ind. guard. However, no wonder the rest of the band/corps/music community thinks we are the biggest drama queens on the planet. The public statements made by PR board, press release by Sage, and pres releases by PR......the whole thing smacks of tacky.

Oh and as to my earlier post about my tech, he's going back to SCV for a second year.

Drama Drama Drama. I can't believe how publicly this is all playing out. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to still see Sage with an ind. guard. However, no wonder the rest of the band/corps/music community thinks we are the biggest drama queens on the planet. The public statements made by PR board, press release by Sage, and pres releases by PR......the whole thing smacks of tacky.

Oh and as to my earlier post about my tech, he's going back to SCV for a second year.

AGREE 100%

Sounds like there is bad blood between PR and Adam Sage, so why not have a guard with a new name? He has already announced his staff for 2009. He already has members from the past two years and he is sure to get new ones that want to be in his guard. I bet he has arrangements for practice space as well. I would do the show I was going to do with PR with the same people that would have been in PR and give them a new name.

I called that one.

Dugg. . .we should have a contest to name the new atlanta guard. How about 'Fantom' :smile::smile:

How about "Press Release" (or PR for short) :smile:

Later,

Mike