Ugh! I just came to this realization...

I aged out in 1988. Next year's age-outs will have been born my age-out year! Ugh! But I heard of a study that said most men, no matter what age they are, consider themselves to be around 31. And I tend to agree with that study. So, no I'm not feeling old...yet.

But I do have a baby on the way, due in Jan next year. So, my baby's age out year will be 2030! (Maybe then I'll feel old).

So, keeping with DCP's tradition of making predictions, here's my top 12 for 2030:

1. Lone Star Regiment 98.9

2. Capital Regiment

3. Blast!

4. SCV

4. Troopers (Gotta have a tie)

6. Mandarins

7. Teal Sound

8. Connexion Canada

9. Colts

10. Trojans of USC

11. Cavaliers

12. Phantom Regiment 92.4

And just missing Finals, in 13th Blue Devils, also with a 92.4 but a .10 timing penalty for not getting all their 250 members off the field.

Congrats Lone Star Regiment on your third title in a row, sweeping all captions, including director of the year, Mark Chambers.

Note to Moderators: Can we keep this thread alive unti 2030 to see if my predictions come true?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I aged out in 1988. Next year's age-outs will have been born my age-out year! Ugh! But I heard of a study that said most men, no matter what age they are, consider themselves to be around 31. And I tend to agree with that study. So, no I'm not feeling old...yet.

But I do have a baby on the way, due in Jan next year. So, my baby's age out year will be 2030! (Maybe then I'll feel old).

So, keeping with DCP's tradition of making predictions, here's my top 12 for 2030:

1. Lone Star Regiment 98.9

2. Capital Regiment

3. Blast!

4. SCV

4. Troopers (Gotta have a tie)

6. Mandarins

7. Teal Sound

8. Connexion Canada

9. Colts

10. Trojans of USC

11. Cavaliers

12. Phantom Regiment 92.4

And just missing Finals, in 13th Blue Devils, also with a 92.4 but a .10 timing penalty for not getting all their 250 members off the field.

Congrats Lone Star Regiment on your third title in a row, sweeping all captions, including director of the year, Mark Chambers.

Note to Moderators: Can we keep this thread alive unti 2030 to see if my predictions come true?

The Canadians return to Finals. I like your attitude!!!!!!!!!!

All the best with the pending arrival!!!

I aged out in 1988. Next year's age-outs will have been born my age-out year! Ugh!

so - if you aged out in 88 then you were born presumably around 67? Which means you were born a year or so before I started to march.

UGH!!!

:thumbup:

USC?!?! Ugh...

:w00t::thumbup:

Hey - drum corps and band are the same thing, right? :lol:

The OP is having a laugh at all this, but it will be interesting to see what DCI looks like in 20-odd years, or even 10....

Edited by kusankusho

2030 DCI championship Finals

1. Madison Scouts

2. Troopers

3. SCV

4. Phantom

5. Cavies

6. BD

7. Crossmen

8. Bluecoats

9. SkyRyders

10. Sponsored by Yamaha and YEA For Holy Name Shall ALways Be The Cadets Of Allentown, Bergen County and Garfield etc....

11. Blue Stars

12. Southwind

13. Crown

14. Pioneer

15. Mandarins

16. Spirit of Knoxville

17. Jersey Surf

18. Teal Sound

19. Academy

That's if there are this many corps left by then.

2030 DCI championship Finals

1. Madison Scouts

2. Troopers

3. SCV

4. Phantom

5. Cavies

6. BD

7. Crossmen

8. Bluecoats

9. SkyRyders

10. Sponsored by Yamaha and YEA For Holy Name Shall ALways Be The Cadets Of Allentown, Bergen County and Garfield etc....

11. Blue Stars

12. Southwind

13. Crown

14. Pioneer

15. Mandarins

16. Spirit of Knoxville

17. Jersey Surf

18. Teal Sound

19. Academy

That's if there are this many corps left by then.

Not bad, but move everyone down one spot and put Dutch Boy in for the ring! :thumbup: