Ugh! I just came to this realization...

3. You forgot that in 20 years DCI's corporate partners get involved and every corps is sponsored. Ads on the backs of every uniform. After a win the Audio Quality Major will put on his winning Ford trucker hat and say "The FritoLay Phantom Regiment was running well tonight. I like to thank Target for the resources we had. Lucas Oil Stadium does have the best sound system in the season and the fans have loved coming here to see us year after year...

Does somebody listen to too much Larry the Cable Guy ?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Greatest Marching Band in the History of the Universe" (e.g. University of Southern California) would never compete in DCI because their Director, Art Bartner, hates Drum Corps.

Oh, and you forgot to add the Kingsmen to the top three.

Will Art still be USC's band director in 2030? By then, it could be some young prodigy that just aged-out that isn't even born yet. (Mine perhaps??)

Not bad, but move everyone down one spot and put Dutch Boy in for the ring! :lol:
Hey ya'll know Glassmen should be in there somewhere . :lol:

I aged out in 1988. Next year's age-outs will have been born my age-out year! Ugh!

I age out next year and I was born in '87, so maybe that'll make you feel a little better.

Guest xsabers

Let's see...going backwards 22 years...

1st Place - Blue Devils

2nd Place - SCV

3rd Place - The Cavaliers

4th Place - The Cadets

Wow! So I can see why you would project that 22 years into the future would be so vastly different than today... :lol:

Congrats on the familial addition!

Let's see...going backwards 22 years...

1st Place - Blue Devils

2nd Place - SCV

3rd Place - The Cavaliers

4th Place - The Cadets

Wow! So I can see why you would project that 22 years into the future would be so vastly different than today... :lol:

Congrats on the familial addition!

Thanks Xsabers! You do have a point about the top 4 back in '86. But I was actually looking at the bottom end of the rankings that year and you'll find some surprising folks back then.

In Qtrs, you had Glassmen in 19th with a 62.9. In Semis, you had Crossmen in 21st, Colts in 20th, BAC in 16th and Bluecoats in 15th.

So, if all these corps could make leaps and bounds in 20+ years, then why not Capital Regiment, Mandarins, and Teal Sound?

I'm just having fun with it anyway. I always root for the underdog. In 2030, the top 4 probably will be:

1. BD

2. SCV

3. Cavies

4. Cadets

How many titles will that make for BD? 18? 20? Not wishing ill on the top 4, but just would like to see some new folks at the top. Go Lone Star!

Shhh - just a rumour but I hear from a VERY reliable inside source that Punkydoodle Corners Fife and Drum band are buying brand new Bb's - better put them on the list too.... :lol:

Best wishes on the new arrival! :doh:

With Punkydoodle Corners being in the heart of Mennonite country everyone knows moving parts on bugle are not allowed - time to question that RELIABLE source!!!!!! :lol:

I age out next year and I was born in '87, so maybe that'll make you feel a little better.

No. :lol:

(when I get up out of this chair my bones are going to creak and I'll make that old person sound I always thought was funny. Not so funny any more!)