DCI Finals - Is there going to be a national broadcast?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to give an idea on production costs...I work in local TV, and when prepping for today's shows, I can across info for tonight's Chiefs-Dolphins exhibiton game. The cost of digital satellite time ALONE is $1,175.00 ! That doesn't take into consideration the cost of the truck and crew ! Time will tell about next year and the future.

Wow, $1,200 for a 4 hour digital uplink (I'm assuming the approx was added into that cost) is pretty cheap. I wanna know who their vendor is! LOL

I believe the production costs for the DCI braodcast was close to $150,000. But that's not official, just a number I've heard tossed about, and that was four years ago. If they go to HD this year, it might go up. However, they will save some money if Lucas has a built in tv production control room as most new stadiums do. I had the chance to work in Staples Center new control room a few years back.... pretty!

Nah, I think I will have to disagree. Tom does an outstanding job with the show each year. Find me one person in TV land that would do a better job... I doubt you would be able to too.

And yes, part of the lure of the broadcast is to try and widen the fan base and introduce the layman to the sport. If you are only trying to appease the current fan, then you've lost half of the battle and you are waisting your money. We need to draw more fans in, not just speak to the base. You might not like that, but for the long term viability of the activity, this is an incredibly important tool.

I'm speaking to the content of the production, not the quality of the production. It always looks good, but IMHO it's a half-baked cake, stuffed with way too many God-###### up close and personal stories and pointless pre-fab video footage where JUST SHOWING THE CORPS PERFORMING THE SHOW ON WHICH THEY ARE TO BE JUDGED THAT EVENING would really suffice. Seriously, does anybody really think the puff stuff is more valuable to the experience than the performances?