Phantom Regiment Battery

Tyler C.

Ok, so I know, in my heart and mind (and chops) that I want to march on Phantom Regiment's tenor line. It is currently my number one musical goal (even eclipsing my desire to participate in my state's Governor's Honors program). HOWEVER- I'm sure that many people try out for that tenor line, and they only take five (give or take one). So my question becomes- if I don't make Phantom, are there other lines anywhere in DCI that can be compared (however loosely - I'm aware of how unique they are) with Phantom's? My thought is that if I don't make Phantom, I can try for another line that is in some way similar, and could perhaps help me better understand what I need to work on before re-auditioning for Phantom.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BD, SCV, Cadets, Bluecoats, Cavvies all have good tenor lines.

BD, SCV, Cadets, Bluecoats, Cavvies all have good tenor lines.

haha, no doubt about that. But distance is an issue. Phantom is the only corps I'm willing to stretch a travel budget to the extreme for.How about closer to home (GA)? I know percussion isn't Crown's strong suit, even though it has improved by leaps and bounds over te past few years. What about Open Class?

crown was good too, yeah

Yeah, I wouldn't want to go march Crown, especially with Lee Beddis at the helm. I mean, he really sucks as an instructor and writer. The staff he's assembled is really bad to.

[/sarcasm]

I definitely wasn't bashing Crown, if that's your point. I've considered trying for Crown just so I could be closer to their brass line than the stands will allow. :thumbup: But I consider Phantom's horn line on that same level, with a percussion section I prefer over Crown's (or anyone else's, for that matter), so I've made the Regiment my goal.... But Crown is definitely on my short list.

If you really want to go to Phantom just go. If you don't make it past the first camp they will tell you what you need to work on. If you get invited back for camp #2 you will know what you need to work on. Email them and get ahold of the percussion packet. You have three months....good luck.

If you really want to go to Phantom just go. If you don't make it past the first camp they will tell you what you need to work on. If you get invited back for camp #2 you will know what you need to work on. Email them and get ahold of the percussion packet. You have three months....good luck.

:thumbup: And practice like your life depends on it

:thumbup: And practice like your life depends on it

Exactly what these two said. If you want to go for Phantom then start now. Don't wait till it's too late. If you don't make it then you'll learn what you need to do so you'll have a better chance next year