Carolina Crown Studio Recordings

Through the Fan Network on DCI.org, Crown has released the 2008 Studio Recordings that were recorded Finals Week in Bloomington, Indiana. Each piece is available for purchase in brass only, full percussion, battery only and full corps.

I already got mine and they are really good, just wish I didn't have to buy each one individually. :thumbup:

I just soiled myself.... OY!

These are fantastic! I look forward to them releasing these every year... now if we could just convince the other corps to make brass and drums only recordings...

Just another one of the many reasons Crown is giving us to fall in love with them over and over again!

Listening Hint- Take a listen to the full corps pre-season opener... I love the bass drum step off before going back into the Taccota!!!!

Edited by Newseditor44

Listening Hint- Take a listen to the full corps pre-season opener... I love the bass drum step off before going back into the Taccota!!!!

The original plan was for the corps to finish Candide, fake that their show was over and start to march off the field, then unexpectedly come back on and go into the Tocatta, as you hear in the recording. That would have been awesome if they had kept it in, but I loved the path they eventually chose just as much.

Edited by Hrothgar15

Is it just me, or does it almost sound like there's distortion (almost like clipping in the high brass) in the brass-only recording on their loudest impacts (notably Toccata and the Hallelujah Chorus, but a couple other places as well)?