Open request to Madison Scouts

I have been wanting a "The Incredibles" show ever since the movie came out. I'm not sure if Madison is who I want to do it. Old Crossmen maybe but their current arranger, he would change it up too much. Bluecoats?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My request for Scouts....Malaga and Malguena in one show. Madison Scouts 2009: Malagauena!

I think I would make a mess in my shorts...

Madison would do awesome things with that show, but I think it's a little too kid friendly for Madison.

My request for Scouts....Malaga and Malguena in one show. Madison Scouts 2009: Malagauena!

Yeah. That would be a great idea. Very progressive and forward thinking. Something totally new that we've never done a few times before.

If you want Malaga and Malaguena together, go listen to 1995 and 1996/1988 back to back.

Yeah. That would be a great idea. Very progressive and forward thinking. Something totally new that we've never done a few times before.

If you want Malaga and Malaguena together, go listen to 1995 and 1996/1988 back to back.

I think he wants to hear it live.

And bashing someone for wanting to hear some kick ### old charts IS progressive and forward thinking?

Wow, coming from a guy that is involved with such a classy organization as Southwind, and having Mike L. as a leader, I would have expected more.

Oh, and do find in that person's post, or the original post of the thread where someone talks about either the Incredibles show or Malaga/Malaguena, where they talk about those ideas as being "progressive" and "forward thinking," I sure would like to know where you got those ideas from?

I just want to hear some awesome ####### music.

Is that too much to ask for?

Who cares if it is a bit...recycled.

I just want to hear some awesome ####### music.

Is that too much to ask for?

:w00t::rock::w00t::rock::w00t::doh::doh::rock::worthy::doh:

Who cares if it is a bit...recycled.

spartacus anyone?

how about we get "Madison Scouts 2009: DCI WORLD CHAMPIONS!!"

just sayin it could be done by whomever whenever

Edited by doyle079

I can see Madison's creative staff in my mind's eye. Coming off a successful 2008 finals appearance, they're hunkered down, exploring ideas for 2009. Well, here you go...

Madison Scouts 2009: Music from The Incredibles.

Every time "The Incredits" or "Saving Metroville" comes up on the iPod, an unbidden image comes into my mind: the Men of Madison using that music as a vehicle to set the pressbox back a few feet. This is music that is built for the kinds of shows that Madison has historically done so, so well. It's got built-in moments for wailing soloists, killer drum breaks, and major impact hits.

Yes, I know Impulse used music from the movie for their "Impulsibles" show in '05. Who cares? Just because Impulse got there first doesn't mean it's hands-off for the Scouts. Come on, guys--think about it!

The only problem is that every high school marching band in the country played it in 2005. And I mean every one. The school I taught here in Califronia did it and my ex girlfriends band 3,500 miles away in Pennsylvania also played it. We also competed against no less than 6 other bands also doing the same music. Not saying that means no one should do it, but maybe wait a little bit.