Wishful reps for 2009

I just got done playing "Through the Fire and Flames" on Guitar Hero- and I'm starting to think that that could make a good chart if arranged right. You'd really have to get a good balance between pit and horns to pull it off.

"Mellos! What the hell?! It's not 'dunnuhduhnuhduhnuhdadadaaaDAAAdah!', it's 'dunnuhduhnuhduhnuhNAdaDADADAAAdah!'! Christ! It's SO easy! We already watered it!"

*Sounds of crying*

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Devils: Charlie Mingus

Performing their 2009 program, "Blue Ah Um"...

A man can dream. :smile:

Cavaliers - "The Hot Gates", featuring music from the movie "300" and selections form Cernota's "Sparta".

Holy Names Cadets - "...Shall Always Be", a show commemorating the illustrious history of the Cadets. Expect plenty of Bernstein/Copland.

Carolina Crown - "The Step Off", featuring "drum-corp"-icized snippets of famous marches (Grand March from Aida, Captain of Castile - Conquest, Radeztky March to name a few)

I'll think of more later.

alright i was always thinking it would be interesting to see a corps do old radio shows music. i think crown would be good for it.

cant really think of songs but i do know there are some good songs that could be arranged for a corps to do.

Interesting you should mention a football show for the 'coats--I've made that suggestion as well, for a few reasons: One is homage to their hometown of Canton, home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and of course the success of this year's sports-themed show also brought it to mind. The only actual pieces that come to mind, however, are the various networks' themes for their sports coverage, but surely someone on staff is more creative than I. Other 2009 suggestions:

Crown-It Was All A Dream--they could toy with the darkside with Berlioz' March to the Scaffold as the main theme (imagine that intro with 16 tubas!) and cook a ballad with Sleepwalk.

Spirit-Southern Rock. Someone could shout "FREEBIRD!" and actually get it!

Blue Devils-Rhapsody in Blue. Jazzy? Blue? I'm surprised they haven't done it before (to my knowledge)

Crossmen-Deep in the Heart--either keep with the heart theme or maket he theme Texas-based, either works.

SCV-Russian Easter Festival Overture (Rimsky-Korsakov) Both an artist and a theme at which they could excel.

Blue Knights-The Dark Knight--somewhat of a rehash, but base this one on the new film.

Cadets-Bernstein's Chichester Psalms

Phantom Regiment-The Empire Strikes Back. Besides the obvious tie-ins to this year's show. C'mon, a corps all in white with a leader all in black? It begs for it.

I feel like someone (not sure who... maybe coats?) could have some fun with some hard rock. The would really be to have a melody that you could excel at, and maybe some background parts that allow for body movement.

read: Toxicity (System of a Down)

Remember (Disturbed)

Left Behind (Slipknot)

ballad would be

Through Glass (Stone Sour)...

Just throwin it out there...

I would be intrigued. Mix that with some original comp, tie it all together comprehensively, and I think the show could really pop.

Glassmen: A Philip Glass show, as a play on the name.

....... If they go with non original music then they should do the Music from the Incredibles and do a Superheroes show. Dress half the guard as heroes the other half as villains and let them fight it out. I see it as more 007 and less Samurai.

Ha! I didn't see there already was a thread requesting Madison Scouts do a show based on the Music from The Incredibles. It would work for them as well

Genius idea for Cavies or Scouts.....bravo.

Cadets - Our American Heritage

American Pie Intro (first minute of song, ballad with pit/brass)

Sweet Georgia Brown

An American Elegy

Beirut Taxi

Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy

New York, New York

Another genius idea....email George for 2010.

That sucks

Ditto.

Geneseo Knights did a nice job with 'Eleanor Rigby' in the early 80's and 'Fool on the Hill' worked real well for the Florida Wave just a few years later.

Original Poster - I think I'd rather see Don Ellis in the hands of the Blue Devils. Let Madison do a Maynard Ferguson show or maybe a reprise of 'An American in Paris'. I'm thinking a drill with Eiffel Towers and Fleur de lis popping up all over the place.

la forza del destino. playing it now and i could see it, or parts of it arranged for a corps.

maybe find other shows about destiny and throw them together im sure something cool could come out of that