A little more show performed a little bit cleaner.

Triple Q's don't win, clean double Q's do.

But, again, nicely done.

*raises a PBR to youse all*

Not for nothing..but a 97 plus would suggest to me that there was plenty of show and it was extremely clean and for someone who didn't see us to suggest otherwise is a really odd!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no sour grapes, but Minne-Brass did tie for 6th.

Great job to all the corps. I was able to see Mass Brass and Star United. Phenomenal performances and kudos.

We will be keeping it real here in Minnesota and have already discussed next year's production for DCA, some ideas share between Star United about a midwest MCA contest, and we will continue doing our corporate gigging that supports Minnesota Brass, Inc.

Again, congratulations to all the participants. Thank you to DCA and the city of Rochester for hosting such wonderful events.

Dinosaurs was great on Sunday afternoon after the Alumni Corps event. One of the many highlights of my weekend.

create peace,

Brent

all awesome.

I think you mean Deb Peterson. She is a former Kingsmen and Blue Devil. Her son is in BDB and her husband Doug was in BD and is marching with Renegades this year. Good people.

P1010536.jpg

Kingsmen Alumni Rifle Line: Deb Peterson is 4th from the right

I just had to say, that watching the video of the Kingsman alumnis performance ,was....

Awsome, discribes it best.

The whole performance was done with such precision. Perfection.

A work of art.

If you haven't seen it, do so! A piece of true drum corps history.

Just beautiful.

The response has been overwhelming and too kind!!!! Makes me wish I hadn't fanned the first toss and biffed the one handed double time :sad: In my defense, my arm was completely wasted from practicing all day with the 'Gades

It was quite different being up there all by myself and having my friends watching instead of playing with me. Good thing I had my sweats on under the skirt. In years past, the competitors were at floor level. I think it would have been rather shocking if I had been wearing what I usually wear (Enough said about that ROTFL!!!!)

• 2 weeks later...

there are some mini clips on you tube from mellom7 and Golde'. Judge for yourself, if you weren't able to be there. Search mini corps 2008 and they will come up.

DA

Edited by donnymusic

• 2 months later...

I finally got a chance to view the DVD of the mini corps show. Star United was fantastic. They played about a kabillion notes and were clean as a whistle! Another hard fought and well deserved victory for them. Congrats again.

I was certainly very pleased with Mass Brass' performance. It was one of (if not the) best performance we've ever done as a corps. A special congratualtions and thank you to everyone that helped make it happen! Though making the sausage had it's 'moments', the finished product was worth it.

Though Mass Brass and Star United shows were more or less 'apples and oranges', it did illustrate how different styles can still score exceptionally high. That's what makes this event so much fun!

IMHO, every other corps performed very well and had their moments of great crowd response, etc. However, I have to give a big shout out to Music City Legend! They friggin ROCKED! As they were on very early, we did not get to see them live. Instead, after their performance we heard backstage that there was one corps that brought the house down, (more or less out of the blue). It was you guys. I'm sure the DVD doesn't do your show complete justice but it was smokin'! Whomever the contra player is, he KILLED it! The sop soloist(s?) and the rest of the line were all over it as well. This show was a nice surprise to find on the disk. Congratulations guys, I hope to see you next year!

We could certainly go back and forth on scoring and placement as everyone has their opinion and favorites. But based on the DVD I got to see, I think the judges got it right. They had a tough job with the level of talent and caliber of performances this year and they did it well. Thank you everyone in DCA who helped (and continues to help) make this show the great spectacle it has become.

NOW, onto 2009! We ALL have a show to top!!!

Strutta

Mass Brass

I finally got a chance to view the DVD of the mini corps show. Star United was fantastic. They played about a kabillion notes and were clean as a whistle! Another hard fought and well deserved victory for them. Congrats again.

I was certainly very pleased with Mass Brass' performance. It was one of (if not the) best performance we've ever done as a corps. A special congratualtions and thank you to everyone that helped make it happen! Though making the sausage had it's 'moments', the finished product was worth it.

Though Mass Brass and Star United shows were more or less 'apples and oranges', it did illustrate how different styles can still score exceptionally high. That's what makes this event so much fun!

IMHO, every other corps performed very well and had their moments of great crowd response, etc. However, I have to give a big shout out to Music City Legend! They friggin ROCKED! As they were on very early, we did not get to see them live. Instead, after their performance we heard backstage that there was one corps that brought the house down, (more or less out of the blue). It was you guys. I'm sure the DVD doesn't do your show complete justice but it was smokin'! Whomever the contra player is, he KILLED it! The sop soloist(s?) and the rest of the line were all over it as well. This show was a nice surprise to find on the disk. Congratulations guys, I hope to see you next year!

We could certainly go back and forth on scoring and placement as everyone has their opinion and favorites. But based on the DVD I got to see, I think the judges got it right. They had a tough job with the level of talent and caliber of performances this year and they did it well. Thank you everyone in DCA who helped (and continues to help) make this show the great spectacle it has become.

NOW, onto 2009! We ALL have a show to top!!!

Strutta

Mass Brass

I with your agree review John, I thought the show and recording ROCKED!

I believe the Contra feature from MCL was Mr. Joe Murphy who is the principal of LOUD Mouthpieces fame. He could hardly have come up with a better advertisement of his mouthpiece's capabilities than through his own playing - Nice job Joe!!! :thumbup: