DCA 2008 Preliminaries Coverage

Jimmy Steele begins My Way. Horns play the melody backfield.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the 49-1/2 yd line, on the field, facing "25 Years, Our Way" podium: Joey pinnin' ears back. One fan just yelled at end of opener: "We love you, Sky!" Drill looks phenomenal on Jumbotron. Joey .' stage right...Groh blockin' my view...Huge A-team, patriotic...Pero trillin' for 3 sets...Pit goin' crazy on crash cymbals...Jimmy Steele appropriately playing mello solo to start "My Way," from Empire's '94 undefeated year. I recall 19 shows.

Joey is ON, as always. Dressed in black semi-formals.

Sing, Sing, Sing ... on steroids.

One request for "Sing sing sing" for the video clip from me.

Now large posters from different years in Statesmen's history are lifted up as brass ensembles play music from that show. 1997 has Sun and Moon from Miss Saigon, 2004 has Every Breath I Take from City of Angels. Back to My Way, now with the horns facing front. The corps sings the words "My Way", then finish the song. Very 1980s Dutch Boy.

Horns now playing Maria backfield. 1998 show banner at the front of the field.

ES '97 World Championship banner...Blue/silver flags flying...Just sang "My Way." Chills for this sop player...David B: "1...2...3." "Maria"

Drum solo, right in the middle. We're playing the Rumble from WSS now. Hope they ditched the whistles from Toledo. Don't need to reprise Madison...Oh, wait, they're still in.